Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Re: 60k in 60 days, days 1 and 2

no biggie i understand, i went through some of the same [censored] this spring and i wouldn't even have appoligized if i was in your shoes, so don't worry. as for the quest and all the following posts it is up to you. i don't care if it is here and i don't care if it is there. i orginally put it in sh b/c i was not sure if there would be any real interest and i was not sure if most of the interest would be from sh'ers. so it is your perogative, and totally up to you, you want to move it back go for it, you want to leave it here thats cool. i really don't care one way or the other.
thanks
dave
Old 12-17-2005, 12:45 AM

i will post more of the state/life of the 10-20 6 max, but i think, hopeuflly, it is fine for a while to come, i honestly see that game being about the same forever. it is a small mid stake game where action players get to donkt it up and not loose too much. and the player base is so big, and most of the peopel seem to be so bad that i can't see it being broken by 99.9% of the players in that game. but i am not sure and i don't want to say anyhting too denifiniatvly, but i think it should be good for quite a while.
dave
Old 12-17-2005, 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how would you know if they're folding a pair, ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. When your opponent DO fold a pair or over-cards or whatever...how the hell do you know what they're folding in the first place??

I'm not playing the 10/20 6-max game (I'm assuming he's on Party).
I've been playing some 3/6 6-max on a different site and have sometimes had my opponents SHOWN me folded hands like 33 or UI AK while I was just semi-bluffing with a draw (like his A7).
I'm not saying that my play is correct (my recent results indicate that my overall play is anything BUT correct) but it DOES happen.

I know the 10/20 game plays pretty aggressively...but surely there are some weak-passives on there with a low WtSD% who are capable of folding a low pair to a donk-bet in this spot.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the value of getting hands like 44, 57, 67 to incorrectly fold is more valuable than inducing a bluff from a naked 7. You might also run into a "solid player who doesnt pay off" who will fold an 8 from time to time.

[/ QUOTE ]
No one in the history of Party 10/20 6max has ever folded any of those hands to this river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which against how wide Dave's range is, is not really a mistake imo. Of course Im sure you were implying in general when obvious that their crap pair or A-high is beaten.

Either way Im pretty sure this isnt a c/c and more along the lines of c/f unless u have a read. Some of the guys will be relentless with their betting some will get sheepish with both the K and Q on board.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When your opponent DO fold a pair or over-cards or whatever...how the hell do you know what they're folding in the first place??

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen what they don't fold.