Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: [censored] yea!! (LC)

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: ($18) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $17.1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $40</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $40, CO calls $22.90.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is going through your head here?
Old 09-08-2005, 11:06 AM

Fold preflop [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ni han, sir.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Flop: ($18) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $17.1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $40</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $40, CO calls $22.90.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, this is atrocious, particularly if you know that CO is a maniac, but whatever. Ni han, sir.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:16 AM

I'm new here, and haven't played much NL ring, but when I first read this thread, I thought I must be terrible.... I don't think I could have called that raise even on tilt and all previous replies indicated this was a good play. Am I just a bad weak-tight, or was this call bad?
Old 09-08-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Implied Odds [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2005, 11:38 AM

Well, I DON'T think he should play this hand for flush-strength, ONLY straight strength.

Someone else could have him dominated with two hearts one of which is higher than a lowly 9.

So basically, I'd treat this as a gut-shot call, only hoping to hit a T that isn't a heart, PLUS dodge a heart on the river. There was a bet and a raise and now he's calling 40 for a 75 pot with the original bettor open for a re-raise...all for a gutshot.

IMO, this is a fold. But I don't play nearly high enough for 400NL.

Also, when the A falls on the river, is he sweating KQ at all? I know he's probably committed by this point but KQ in the opponents hand would suck.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I DON'T think he should play this hand for flush-strength, ONLY straight strength.

Someone else could have him dominated with two hearts one of which is higher than a lowly 9.

So basically, I'd treat this as a gut-shot call, only hoping to hit a T that isn't a heart, PLUS dodge a heart on the river. There was a bet and a raise and now he's calling 40 for a 75 pot with the original bettor open for a re-raise...all for a gutshot.

Also, when the A falls on the river, is he sweating KQ at all? I know he's probably committed by this point but KQ in the opponents hand would suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really play this weak-tight? You're going to get crushed at higher levels. You're worried about another flush draw? KQ when the A falls on the river?? Are you kidding me?? You want to DODGE a heart?

You play this on the flop like a flush draw + gutshot. Why play suited connectors or 1-gappers if you're not going to play for your suits. He already had a read on CO as a maniac, and the other guy has a very wide range to be raising, could be TPTK isolating the maniac, 2-pair, a set, etc.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:55 AM

Was someone there to revive you if T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] fell on the river?

[ QUOTE ]
Final Pot: $1628.40

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice read, nice hand, nice pot. Shift the decimal one place to the left for my biggest pot.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:07 PM

CO has him covered (each has over 1.5 buy-ins total), what does he do here if CO pushes all in on the flop after it's been raised?
Old 09-08-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweat KQ? Yeh, KQ definitely beats his straight, but could you explain to me how someone might have that hand given the action on previous streets. You can't be serious.