Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: 3 guys playing together in our home game....

[ QUOTE ]

They all come in with about 1000 in their pocket and continually buy in if they go bust.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I want to break their ass. Is there a way?

[/ QUOTE ]
If they're continually buying in, doesn't that mean you're breaking them?

They're LAGs who are probably on a hot streak. Every description you've given screams that they're a bad player. So they're probably getting lucky, or the rest of the players in the game are worse.

The more I think about it, the more sure I am that you suck at poker.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:25 PM

Default Re: diversity

[ QUOTE ]
They don't ALL call all the time, but 2/3 always do. And sometimes they are all in the pot. Esp. if they have a face card. There are only a handful of hands that they throw away. We played last night and this f_ucker raised PF $17 in a 1-2 NL game with Q2 of hearts. I had 55 and knew I had the best hand going in. I knew he was raising with crap so I pushed it all in for about $70. He CALLS!!! Flop comes 822, turn and river don't matter at this point. That's the s_hit I'm talking about.

I ended up even last night, so that's ok. I'm just hoping the odds will turn around in my favor so I can smash them at some point.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's confirmed. You suck at poker.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:28 AM

Forgot to mention that I didn't really care for the mention of color. I play some larger home tournys and we have quite a diverse group. My focus is on how they play and the color of their money.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:49 AM

I usually lurk elsewhere, but i wandered over to this forum and found this inspiring post. I'm sorry i dont have the patience to read all of the replies to this nonsense, but I;m going to try to give a complete answer - not because you'll listen, but because it'll make me feel better. Im trying to recover the brain cells that suicided when they read the OP.

"They usu. don't bet each other if they're in the hand. "

They're friends. They're there to have a good time. Of course they dont bet each other. I'm not saying that thats not marginally unethical, but it certainly doesnt do much to 'hide' the collusion you seem to see, which you would expect them to do. If these three guys are playing as badly as you describe, i would encourage them to almost anything they liked. I would offer them food and drink (weed too if you have it), i would try to make them feel welcome. You and your idiot cronies have decided that the most reasonable thing to do is cheat them. Brilliance.

"If one of us raises with a good hand, all of them call so that your odds go to crap. "

That isnt even close to how odds work. Yes, the more opponents you have the less likely it is that your hand, which is best preflop, will be the winner. Please search the forum for explanation of "EV." You 'odds' dont diminish when 3 players call your pf all in with AA, KK, QQ, JJ. Your odds of winning the pot diminish, but your EV increases. Once again, if three players call your all in when you have AA, KK, QQ you have MADE MONEY regardless of the outcome.

"I love those of you that think you could just come in and break them so easy. See what happens when you raise with KK, and you get calls with 46, A7, J10, and 23. You either get sucked out on or lose to 2 pr, a flush, or something f'd up."

You, sir, are an idiot. This just isnt how it works. I'd like you to go to www.pokerstove.com and put in those five hands and see what resuts you get. You may find them illuminating (then again, you may not be able to understand the results). In fact, you may find pokerstove to be a very interesting tool....or not.

Look. This has absolutely nothing to do with collusion. My guess is that this kind of beat or 5 way all-in situation happens maybe once a session, and it really pisses you off. Then you spew chips. Stop spewing and you'll stop losing. If these players are as bad as you describe, who the hell cares if they split up the money at the end of the night. Three donkeys on the same bankroll are still three broke donkeys.

yours, fighting entropy
-doodle
Old 08-05-2005, 06:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was just wondering if there's a way the 7 or 8 of us could gang up on them and break em.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your friends are all as smart as you...I wouldn't think so.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:45 AM

Default Re: diversity

[ QUOTE ]
I ended up even last night, so that's ok. I'm just hoping the odds will turn around in my favor so I can smash them at some point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as long as you don't drop out of high school!
Old 08-05-2005, 07:43 AM

As long as the money isn't black who really cares.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:57 AM

How many people will it take to tell you that you are clueless before you stop and realize that you are?

You are clueless. If that helped you get any closer to understanding, then you're welcome.

-Ritmo
Old 08-05-2005, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't remember if it's in SS1 or SS2 but he does make some racial observations at the table. I believe he says that black guys are more likely to bluff, and that asians generally play tighter.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not in SS. It's in the intro (or somewhere near the beginning) of Caro's Book of Tells, and he says that blacks are not playing poker, they're gambling (Phil Ivey must be the luckiest SOB ever), and asians are either really good or, like blacks, gambling (this statement applies universally, and therefore, is redundant to a specific group).

-Tripp
Old 08-06-2005, 05:38 PM

Maybe if you play even worse cards than them?

This sounds like a classic "these guys are so bad that they can't be beaten" post. If you can't beat them in the long run, the evidence is clear that you are even worse than them. Fix your leak - I don't think anybody here is going to be able to provide the magic bullet that makes you better than these guys.

If there is a magic bullet, here it is - tighten up against them. But you already know that.

-w.a.