Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: My Position on the 2nd Amendment

[ QUOTE ]
Im a republican and I hate guns. Nobody needs one.

Period.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh. Reminds me fondly of the first Simpson's Halloween special with the magic monkey paw. Lisa wishes for World Peace and makes the earthlings ripe for the aliens conquest. That is until Moe comes after them with a board with a nail in it....
Old 09-30-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Two Questions For Andy

Right, I read that too quickly.

Anyway, looking forward to your response after you buy a new keyboard.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:57 PM

Of course not, because when you're 70 years old you'll still be able to kick the asses of any three young thugs who force their way into your home carrying crowbars. 3 against 1? No sweat. Just box them.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate guns. Nobody needs one.

[/ QUOTE ]

You hate guns. Now there is some profound reasoning on which to base laws and social policy.

My mind is made up. Don't confuse me with facts. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

"An armed society is a polite society." -- Robt. Heinlein
Old 09-30-2005, 03:37 PM

Huricane Katrina was even more dangerous because all those dam rednecks and thugs had guns. Sorry, but I'm a republican. If you can afford a $300 shotgun u don't need my welfare dollars.

Indy
Old 09-30-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Huricane Katrina was even more dangerous because all those dam rednecks and thugs had guns. Sorry, but I'm a republican. If you can afford a $300 shotgun u don't need my welfare dollars.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.

Your intellect, logic and grasp of facts is overwhelming me. You have convinced me of the error of my ways and I will give up my protection now.

Thank you for pointing it out to me.

-Gryph
Old 09-30-2005, 03:52 PM

Its funny how many OOTers will make personal attacks like this with no real justification. Just, "u suck and ur an idiot" type posts.

Liberal POS,

Indy
Old 09-30-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course not, because when you're 70 years old you'll still be able to kick the asses of any three young thugs who force their way into your home carrying crowbars. 3 against 1? No sweat. Just box them.

[/ QUOTE ]

To change the subject a little.....if I asked for a pragmatic reason why semi-automatic rifles and armor-piercing bullets were legal.....would you ask what I would do if 15 heavily-armored thugs broke into my house when I am 70?

I-don-think-so.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been made pretty clear that much of the stories of post-Katrina mayhem were overblown. Sure there were some instances of violence, but the core problem New Orleans faced was lack of levees, not lack of gun control.

In fact, I think the only national guardsman to get shot at the Superdome actually shot himself by accident.

If people want to own guns they should be allowed to. But they should agree to be responsible for their safe usage, and they should agree to give the government some authority to regulate the usage (like for example agreeing not to bring loaded rifles slung on their back to the bank or post office).
Old 09-30-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its funny how many OOTers will make personal attacks like this with no real justification. Just, "u suck and ur an idiot" type posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry don't post there.

[ QUOTE ]

Liberal POS,

[/ QUOTE ]

Try looking at my posts and see that your off the mark again. Get a clue, buddy...

To get back to a more constructive line. Why do you believe that guns are unnecessary? And I'm really trying to understand you now. I just think a blatantly ignorant post like

[ QUOTE ]

No one needs guns. Period

[/ QUOTE ]

Without reason or logic to back that claim up. You set youself up to be criticized.

-Gryph