Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 08:03 AM

Default Re: Israel foreign aid

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you sleep well at night knowing your house is built on land you muscled from Palestinians?

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you sleep well knowing the land you sleep on probably belonged to some other group of people in the past? If you live in America, are you distraught over the fact that the land you sleep on what used to be Indian land?

[/ QUOTE ]

.....historical injustices seem to embolden and encourage the newest/most current group of carpetbaggers to repeat history.

Such is the sad state of the history of human affairs.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"I want to tell you something very clear, don't worry about American pressure on Israel, we, the Jewish people control America, and the Americans know it."-Ariel Sharon

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously doubt Sharon really said this.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: One grand challenge

If anyone on this forum can demonstrate to me that the unqualified and generous support, politically and financially, of the United States towards Israel

So when Saddam dropped a hellfire of scuds on tel aviv, and I, 25 km away, sat in my house with gas masks at the ready, the only thing protecting us were shoddy American Patriot missiles, and my army was requested not to defend the country, and they complied, well even a Cyrus can figure out that is not unqualified. Let alone the implicit agreement that any information Israel has about its neighbours is immediately passed on to the White House, for better or worse.

provided for more than five decades, has benefited the geostrategic interests and/or the national security of the United States, then I am willing to pay that fella a sum of no less than $1000 - just for getting educated.

America now has an ally in Jordan and Egypt as a direct result of its alliance with Israel. Furthermore, as a "libertarian", you above anyone should know that it's not governments that are threatening the United States (remember, Saddam didn't have any WMDs, correct?), but extremist individuals and their political organizations, which as of yet are not in power in any of the Arab countries.

In fact, I'd extend that argument to conclude that American interventionalism has given rise to the fact that the Israeli-American partnership has hurt Israel, who takes the brunt of the anger against American foreign policy far more than America does. After all, we are completely unable to trade, do business with, even visit, 80% of the countries in the immediate vicinity, while Americans still pass with ease all over the world, even if they're hated for it.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:24 PM

I'm not going to respond to most of your post - I have to get to class. But you honestly think that the relationship has hurt Israel because it receives the brunt of Arab anger? Has it phased you that Israel is the reason that Islamists hate America?

To think that we're funneling money into your homeland just so you can be ungrateful - yet another reason to cut the feeding tube. Israel's a big boy now.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has it phased you that Israel is the reason that Islamists hate America?

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't the main reason, though. Islamists are those Muslims who believe that Islam must be the basis of the political government, and often are willing to use force to attain that aim. Islamists generally want to re-establish the caliphate, spread and enforce Shari'a througout the Middle East; and then expand Islam's borders. Islamism is political Islam in a very strong form. Islamists hate the West because we are infidels, unclean, unholy, and counter to nearly everything they believe in.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:18 PM

The quote's apparently a hoax. After making the usual rounds in the fringe community, a slightly different version of it appeared when Georgie Anne Geyer put it in one of her columns, prompting the Israel lobby to respond. I don't think CAMERA is much of a source, but they seem to have tracked it down to a Palestinian website citing an Israeli radio report that no one can find. Geyer was forced to apologize.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All of the things on your list are a result of America helping Isreal. Many of them would not of occured otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it all or many? Ok, nitpicking, but it's not all.

[ QUOTE ]
Zionism was originated in America after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it started in Russia.