Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2005, 09:23 PM

Default Pocket Deuces in the Small Blind: 20-40 at the Bike

Full 20-40 game at the Bike. BB is a loose aggressive player going way to far with every hand he plays, MP is almost as bad, button is tight and agressive.

I have 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the SB. MP calls PF, folded to the button who raises, I call, BB makes it three bets, MP calls, the button caps and we all call. 16 bets and four of us see the flop of:

8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, BB bets, MP calls, button folds so it's 18 bets in the pot, and I call. The rest is not as interesting, but the way it went was the Turn was a:

[8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, BB bets, MP calls, I raise, BB 3-bets, MP folds, I call. River is a:

[8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, BB bets, I call. The BB had nothing and didn't show, so I won the pot. The hand generated plenty of grunts and moans from the players (and others), for several different reasons, most pointedly regarding my call on the flop with the deuces.

I'd appreciate any comments on the hand.

Thanks

Sparks