Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2004, 05:20 PM

Default Lucky Chances in San Francisco

I'll be in Colma Friday night and Saturday afternoon for some poker. Any NLHE going on there? How bout the nearby area. What's the highest limit gamt they will be spreading?Any feedback you can give would be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-14-2004, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Lucky Chances in San Francisco

Friday, $1000 min buyin 10-10-20, 40 to go NLHE at LC.
Old 09-14-2004, 05:31 PM

Thanks!!! Have you played in that game? How is the action? What types of stacks do people typically sit down with...If i buy in for 5k would that make me a short stack?
Old 09-14-2004, 05:44 PM

The money is pretty deep there. I've seen people sit with as much as $15k+. With $5k, you probably won't be terribly short stacked, though if they sense that you are playing with scared money (which I have seen occasionally) then you are going to get worked. There is a 5-5 no-limit game that is spread on Sunday if you manage to stay until then...
Old 09-14-2004, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks!!! Have you played in that game? How is the action? What types of stacks do people typically sit down with...If i buy in for 5k would that make me a short stack?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played it a little. 2+2er jen is a regular and GiftOfGab also plays it from time to time.

The game is not the most action game, but I wouldn't call it super-tough either. It's pretty easy to identify who the spots are. There are a number of regulars, most of whom are at least decent. A couple of regulars are excellent players.

$5k is fine for that game. Many will be sitting with $1k to $3k. Sometimes there will be some really deep stacks, but $5k is definitely fine. If you buyin for $5k, their first impression of you definitely won't be that you're playing with scared money.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:20 PM

Thanks all for the feedback! I guess i'll give the game a try...I owe you guys a brief trip report when i get back.