Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 06:46 AM

Default Good fold? PP 10/20 6m against Tag

Opponent is a TAG who probably thinks I'm a little on the donkish side as at another table we were both on I just gg'd his AA w/K7o that I capped pf and then proceeded to suckout via runner runner getting a lot of bets in behind.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

Edit: Also I tend to not make folds like this, but given my reads and his reads I thought it was right.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:53 AM

Default Re: Good fold? PP 10/20 6m against Tag

Looks good. I don't see him donking LP on the flop, and a pocket pair higher than 9 would've raised preflop. You calling down rags?
Old 10-08-2005, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You calling down rags?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean have I been calling down rags? If so, not particularly. We've been tangling with each other a lot before this hand but nothing too exciting beyond what I mentioned.

-Craig
Old 10-08-2005, 07:10 AM

Heh, oops. didn't realize this was full ring. (it was a short game that filled) He's a SH multitabler though and the hand is HU so I think it's appropriate here anyway.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:11 AM

I meant was your plan to calldown if rags fell?
Old 10-08-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I meant was your plan to calldown if rags fell?

[/ QUOTE ]

yup. Also if CO called the flop and BB bet again I was turbo mucking.

-Craig
Old 10-08-2005, 06:07 PM

Name me a hand that a TAG calls with, but doesn't raise from the CO after a MP1 open, that hit that flop. I'm sincerely interested in the range you guys assing here.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:28 PM

A5s and up?
Old 10-09-2005, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Axs and up and 66?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-09-2005, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Name me a hand that a TAG calls with, but doesn't raise from the CO after a MP1 open, that hit that flop. I'm sincerely interested in the range you guys assing here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It appears that the TAG posted in the CO, so calling 1 more bet could be many, many hands. I'd say he's somewhere along the lines of a BB defend range, though a bit on the tight side b/c of players behind him, so probably...

Axs+, A9o+, K8s+, Q9s+, K9o+, QTo+, J9s+, JTo, suited 2gappers, some unsuited connectors maybe, all PPs below 99 or 88.

Stuff that is paired on the flop - the aces, K8, PPs, some connectors. I'd be inclined to call this down, though i'd muck if the 3rd player were still around. Stuff were' behind: just the Aces and anything w/ an 8 in it (K8, 87, 89s).

Now, to the flop donk. why bet an ace here? All it will do is scare off you (a known tag, if a bit donkish) while getting charged by worse hands. If he wants extra bets to go in, he'd c/r. Otherwise, this is a WA/WB situation for his weak suited aces.

IMO, a donk here means a big hand (set or 2 pair) or a crap hand (OESD or PP, or a 6 or 8, maybe some KQo junk occasionally). Despite the 8s jumping ahead too I'd call down since there are enough PPs and draws etc that will bet here IMO, mainly because betting an ace here would be pretty bad from his point of view. Also, he'll continuation-bet the turn here often because your flop flatcall announces "I don't have an ace!"

Surf