Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2004, 01:20 AM

Default Big Draw, did i get this one right?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Sepp is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Sepp calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls, Sepp calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Sepp 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, CO calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Sepp raises</font>, CO calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Sepp raises</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 17.50 BB, between Sepp and CO.</font>
Old 08-30-2004, 01:24 AM

Default Re: Big Draw, did i get this one right?

only thing i would change is your flop 3 bet, you are forcing sb to call 2 cold and you need him in the hand to make your hand profitable, i go for the overcall. rest is spot on.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:36 AM

68s with only 2 callers? Isn't that a tad loose? That 3-bet was a little harsh, may have been able to get an extra caller or two with just a call to build a bigger pot without investing more of your chips.

How did it turn out?
Old 08-30-2004, 04:02 AM

well it is a 6 handed table and i have the button so 2 callers in front is about as good as it gets. I don't always play this hand here, but i decided to this time. I think always mucking medium suited 1-gappers would be wrong and there isn't a better spot to play it in this game.

when i 3-bet I wasn't sure wether pairing my 6 or 8 would give me the pot since the raiser could have just a pair. I was also surprised that the 3 callers gave up on this hand so easily. I expected at least 1 call, so my raise would be for value. I also though a 3-bet might make someone misread my hand since they would expect the flush draw to call rather than raise. I was hoping to get more action from a possible big pair.I guess i was being overly tricky with my hand, and in retrospect i think call was clearly the better line on the flop.

my opponent had pocket 99, with 9d for the rivered set and flush redraw on the ocean.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:22 AM

I wouldnt play this preflop unless I had very good control and the table was optimal.

If you just call the flop, you will get 10 SB into the pot (if noone folds) and 4-1 pot odds.

If you 3-bet and get 1 caller in addition to CO, you get 11 SB into the pot but at ~ 3-1.

With 2 callers (in addition to CO) you get ~ 4-1 again.

What I'm getting at here is that you need to look at how much money you get into the pot in relation to how much you put in, not just the total amount.

k