Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2005, 02:13 AM

Default When Is It Correct To Bet/Raise A Draw?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em
Converted w/ PonksSaver: http://www.pokermentor.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=510
- - - HAND 3251733982 - - -
PreFlop: <font color="blue">HERO</font> is SB with <font color="green">5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> <font color="green">4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> (9 Players)
UTG limps, 1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>, UTG+2 limps, MP limps, MP2 limps, 2 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, BB <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, UTG calls, 2 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="blue">HERO</font> calls,

Flop: (14.00 SB) <font color="green">3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="red">K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> (4 Players)
<font color="blue">HERO</font> checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks,

Turn: (7.00 BB) <font color="green">3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="red">K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> <font color="blue">2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> (4 Players)
<font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="green">bets</font>, BB <font color="darkred">folds</font>, UTG <font color="darkred">folds</font>, MP2 calls,

River: (9.00 BB) <font color="green">3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="red">K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> <font color="blue">2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> <font color="red">6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> (2 Players)
<font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="green">bets</font>, MP2 calls,

Final Pot: 11.00 BB

Pre-Flop
Something I am still curious about is in multiway pots with hands that prefer multiway situations (such as suited connectors) is it right to raise here as I did? My thinking was I can get out cheaply if I miss or I have a nice big pot to draw to if I hit.

When I was playing this hand the reason I didnt bet out on the flop was I was worried about raising, I see that this is now stupid.

To my understanding, betting the flop is correct here because I most likely have the equity edge and if I do get raised (or even 3 bet) its not terrible as I still have the correct odds to draw to my strong OESD.

Is my understanding correct?
Old 12-24-2005, 04:09 AM

Default Re: When Is It Correct To Bet/Raise A Draw?

i am going to assume you are the same buddy from bet365 site with the same name, cause i recall you asking about winrates and had played some 40k hands or whatnot and wasnt doing so hot.

So, I'll try to break this down....and hope deranged ties up any loose ends i miss :P

Suited connectors need position and odds. All you have in the example hand is...odds.

I dont have a HH handy right now, but an example of raising suited connectors would come from MP3/CO/Button, with 1-3 limpers and something like T9s.

Preflop...seriously...uhh, thats not a +ev play. You are out of position for the remainder of the hand. What happens if the flop comes 4 7 K rainbow with no back door draw? The only thing your hand has going for it is a straight, and very weak flush power. Since if you make the flush and someone raises, you arent beating any other flush. Given the amount of players in your example, I complete with 45s to sniff around at a flop and check fold if I dont hit.

On the flop, you should bet. Rest of the hand plays out right, your post flop thinking is ok.

However preflop...for multiway hands, you are looking at KJs+ and ATs+ for raises from the blinds with 4+ ppl in the pot for equity. Raising in a multiway situation from the blinds with anything less (well maybe JTs too) is probably -ev.

OK this post isnt that good...I blame the excessive amount of red bull in my body, after the 6th one, it starts to taste funny and I start seeing flashes and stuff...
Old 12-24-2005, 05:33 AM

Default Re: When Is It Correct To Bet/Raise A Draw?

Just call preflop.

The rest looks fine.