Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Multitabling vs 1/2 Tables 6Max

[ QUOTE ]
I would be very, very surprised if you were able to win more playing 1 table than 3-4 over any reasonable period of time, say 1-2 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am just as surprised as you, that is why I am asking the question.

[ QUOTE ]
You say you easily win a buyin a day single tabling, but you dont mention how long this was for?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said I could "easily" win a buyin. I didn't try to imply that at all. I simply said I have averaged about a buyin a day.

I multitabled before that, and I have played quite a while, so I understand bad runs. While I have not had any brutal week long runs lately, I haven't run extremely hot either, just plodding along while I try to improve aspects of my game.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Trying to convince us that playing one quarter of the hands at the same limit will lead to a higher hourly rate is a really tough sell.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said it will lead to a higher hourly rate. The very first sentence of my post says this question is directed at those who can play full time.

I also explained that while I can multi-table for 2-3 hours, it is more stressfull and that is about as long as I can play. But when single tabling I have much better reads and almost zero stress, allowing me to play for longer periods of time if needed to reach my quota.

For those on a limited time frame, multi-tabling is by far the way to go, I don't know how many times I need to say that.

This post is not about multi-tabling within a short time frame or any other constraint.

It is just a simple question: If there are so many successful multi-tablers, why aren't they making more than a "good/average" player who primarily single tables?
Old 12-06-2005, 07:19 PM

There arent very many good players. Thats your answer.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And of you think multi tabling is the most effective approach (provided you had unlimited time to play), where are all of the 1+ buyins a day players?

[/ QUOTE ]

I make more than 1 buy-in/day through rake-back alone multi-tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would have to be 16 tabling 200NL for around 8 hours a day to do this.

I think I found the secret to how are so many people are getting rich in online poker....lying.

edit (I am just being a jerk here, probably was honest mistake)
Old 12-06-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can definitely make a buy in every two hours 6 tabling 6 max.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you play around 300 hands/hr 4-tabling (actually like 3.5 tabling) and make 8 ptbb/100, you will make 96 big blinds (or about 1 buyin) for every 2 hours.

if you play 1 table and manage, say, 80 hands/hr, you need to make 30 ptbb/100 to make the same amount per hour.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There arent very many good players. Thats your answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess so, but then multi-table? Why not improve your game? I guess it is just the time constraint issue.

Thanks for all of the replies.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you play 1 table and manage, say, 80 hands/hr, you need to make 30 ptbb/100 to make the same amount per hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said it will lead to a higher hourly rate.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said it will lead to a higher hourly rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

what does "effective" mean in your OP if not "wins the most"? have you tried multitabling for 2-3 hours, taking an hour off, and going back?
Old 12-06-2005, 07:46 PM

The term "effective approach" referred to all apsects, including the amount of time you can play.

For example, is it more effective to multi-table for 2-3 hours or play a single table for 6 hours? You do not have to play 6 hours every day. Many days I win a couple of buyins in a short amount of time and quit.

That is why my first sentence stated it was addressed to those who could put in whatever time was necessary, and it's why I clarified many times that for anyone with a time constraint, multi-tabling is definitely preferred.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:48 PM

1-tabling rules.

My experience is that you develop much faster as a player when playing only one table after coming to a certain level (after ABC). I used to play 3-6 tables and thought it was very boring to only play one when I started testing that out. But its not boring at all if you analyze what happens all the time...