Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 11-17-2005, 05:09 PM
einbert einbert is offline
Senior Member

Location: in sklansky i trust
Default Take the time to do this please

[/ QUOTE ]Dear XXXX,

Thank you for contacting us.

We thank you for bringing to our attention the use of profanity in the chat box.

Having checked the hand history we confirm that this player did use profanity at the table. The appropriate action has now been taken and his chat facility has been blocked.

Please note, we do not maintain any details of our play money tables if you are playing at a play money table please call us immediately so that we can monitor the table and take the appropriate action or alternatively send us a screen shot as follows:

1. Press the print screen key on your keyboard. This captures the image immediately.

2. Open a new Word document and paste this image by ?
a) Pressing "Ctrl" key and "V" key on your keyboard at the same time.
OR
b) Right click on the Word document and select the option "Paste"

3.) Attach this document to your email and send to info@PartyPoker.com

Also note, when playing at the tables you can block a player chat from view in the chat box by simply right clicking on the players name at the table and selecting 'disable chat'. Obviously this is an interim measure prior to our intervention.

We do not tolerate the use of profanity at our tables and treat it as a serious offence and once again thank you for helping us to maintain a positive atmosphere at our tables.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Vijaya
Poker Customer Care

Old 11-17-2005, 06:06 PM
edfurlong edfurlong is offline
Junior Member

Default Re: Take the time to do this please

I'm a huge nit so I always do this.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:14 PM
MicroBob MicroBob is offline
Senior Member

Location: memphis

I was doing this semi-frequently but now it's gotten so out of hand and I'm usually multi-tabling so I just don't bother for the most part.

But I do worry about driving the fish away.
We want the game to be universally accepted. That means we want the 80-year-old granny from the Partypoker commercial to feel comfortable playing at party.
We're all used to the idiotic cussing-tirades that some of the losers go on. But some of the new players aren't familiar with this and it can be a REAL turn-off for them.

I'm not a prude. I don't really care personally because it's not going to effect me.
But I care ABOUT the prudes who might be interested in giving me their money but who are so turned-off by the experience that they don't play as much.

Acting like it's ALWAYS a bunch of 20-something drunk guys sitting around the table...and boys-will-be-boys so it's all okay...is the WRONG attitude.

We want it to be fun for as many people as possible.
to that end...I agree with reporting these types of idiots and having their chat blocked.

(the counter-argument is that the idiots themselves are often-times awful players...and when they get their chat blocked they might get frustrated and not play as much)
Old 11-17-2005, 06:43 PM
teajay teajay is offline
Member

I began doing this recently after reading something that was written by Dr. Al I believe.

At first I felt like a tool, but all the sites seem to have quick response in claiming that they have taken action. Maybe they do take it seriously. Anyway, nothing like having one jackass ruin a whole table for you during prime time.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:56 PM
rhizome rhizome is offline
Junior Member

I used to report people, but once they started asking for screen shots, I stopped. I don't want them to question why my table is non-standard or why I have numbers all over the screen.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:58 PM
tubalkain tubalkain is offline
Junior Member

WTF are they talking about play money for?
Old 11-17-2005, 07:22 PM
einbert einbert is offline
Senior Member

Location: in sklansky i trust

[ QUOTE ]
I used to report people, but once they started asking for screen shots, I stopped. I don't want them to question why my table is non-standard or why I have numbers all over the screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have to send them a screenshot unless you're reporting abuse that occured on a play money table

Just include relevant hand history numbers.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:26 PM
whodaman whodaman is offline
Junior Member

hahahahaaha i was playing this guy heads up the other day and he was calling me every name in teh book even when he won pots. Hes a total fish dont scare him away from party
Old 11-17-2005, 07:32 PM
einbert einbert is offline
Senior Member

Location: in sklansky i trust

I agree with your thoughts Bob.

I am also not a prude, I don't really care if people are using profanities. In fact I have never reported anyone who just used profanities. My only complaint is the abuse of another player. I think that using "offensive language" is borderline behavior at worst. But when someone is verbally abusing someone else, that is just wrong and that player should not be allowed to chat.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:33 PM
einbert einbert is offline
Senior Member

Location: in sklansky i trust

[ QUOTE ]
hahahahaaha i was playing this guy heads up the other day and he was calling me every name in teh book even when he won pots. Hes a total fish dont scare him away from party

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but if he gets to keep his chat, how many awful players is he going to scare away from party poker? Maybe none, maybe more than one. And it isn't 100% sure that he'll quit playing just because his chat has been turned off.

BTW it doesn't bother me when someone else says things like this to me. I am used to it, it's no problem. I take more offense to it when they say these things to really bad players.