Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Anybody a police officer or work for the police department?

I was considering becoming a cop at one point in my life and there are a lot of things to consider. I'm sure you've thought of most of em but here are a few things : 1) Being a police officer is dangerous..so you'll have to think will my future wife be ok with me working in such a dangerous job? and down the line when you have kids would you want to be in such a job when you could leave your kids fatherless? Yes I understand we can die at any moment etc. but you'll be raising the chances a bunch. 2) You are going to see a lot of [censored] up [censored]..you'll see it all ..you'll see the nasty [censored] you'd never ever think you'd ever see..after seeing all the messed up [censored] it'll take a toll on you man..its easy to say hey im ready for it but seeing and doing is another. 3) Long hours from the areas around me most do either 5 days on 5 days off or 4 days on 4 days off with each day being 12+hr shift and after awhile it'll be tiring and you'll spend your days off drinking/sleeping. A good idea would be for you to start compiling a list of the cons of the job and take a nice long look at it and see if you think you'd be cut out for the job. I apologize if my thoughts and [censored] are a little out of order I'm tired :O. So anyways instead of looking at salary and possibilities of promotion. Start looking at why some people have already said many cops are drinkers etc. Someone stated it's because everyone you run into will most not likely like you because of your uniform.