Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2003, 03:45 AM

Default Some thoughts on Raiders/Bears

Which team is the one not performing as it should?

My inclination is the say "Bears". Bears suck, pure and simple. If you watched that game on Monday, you witnessed one of the worst examples of offensive blocking in a long time. They were out there playing as if they couldn't be bothered to block. They were spinning in place watching defenders without even moving their feet. "Kordell is that way, guys".

The Bears' offense looked like they'd rather be at home playing video games. The only fire on the field was ironically from the most flawed player: Kordell. Kordell has long been a big money maker for me by fading him but I really feel for him. He's surrounded by a bunch of jokers and the coach is lost and confused as well. If Jauron's team gets killed this week, I wonder if he'll even have a job for week 6.

On the other hand, the Raiders have just plain lost it. I don't know where it went, but it's gone. They don't present the same explosive threat they used to. Teams have no fear of their running game and the receivers are getting shut down because everyone knows they can't go long.

The defense has a 38 year old safety, they lost Romo, they can't stop the run, and the exceptional corner they can't keep healthy has not looked so exceptional this year.

Which team is going to wake up for week 5?

Just based on experience and offensive line, I'd have to say Oakland. That o-line of theirs can really dominate and I have a feeling that with Robbins back, he shook of the cobwebs vs. San Diego and the line will really gel this week. This could be the point where the Raiders start to steamroll again.

I think Oakland wins this game because the Bears really look hopeless whereas the Raiders looked hopeful. I expected Chicago to bounce back after laying two eggs on the road and then opening at home on national tv. It was the typical situation for a bad team to suprise people but if anything they looked worse. I've really never seen an o-line play worse than that and project such a lackadaisical demeanor in the middle of a game.

The Raiders at least appear to be trying. I think the Bears will get 2 wins max this year. They are the new Bengals.

Raiders -4 anyone?

Old 10-01-2003, 04:22 AM

Default Re: Some thoughts on Raiders/Bears

there is just too much uncertainity in this game, as you pretty much stated in your post. both teams seem to be lost both offensively and defensively; the bears are just plain bad, and the raiders could not even stop the SD passing game, which consisted of 3 WR with a total of 40 NFL receptions between them. Their struggle to pull out an OT win over SD convinced me to not bet on them again til they prove they aren't a mediocre team.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Some thoughts on Raiders/Bears

Raiders were reborn 4th Quarter/OT of that game. This seems like such a lock to me. Charlie Garner will break open the Bears WEAK run D and will open up the field to the WRs (and if Porter is healthy this game is gonna get ugly quick).