Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2004, 11:30 PM

Default KK Hand with 3Flush Flop vs a LAG

Button is 68vpip/ 15pfr/1.8total agg over about 65 hands
BB is 56 vpip/ 1 pfr/ .9 total agg over about 80 hands

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.33 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.66 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7.16 BB, won by Button.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 0.50 BB, returned to Button.</font>

Is this standard, or too weak/tight? Even here against a LAG, my thinking is if I'm not behind now, I have to dodge a lot of cards to stay ahead, and if I am behind I have only 2 outs to catchup.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:24 PM

Default Re: KK Hand with 3Flush Flop vs a LAG

I think that a LAG will make this play with an [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or any draw, or even any Jx or who knows what. I think you can probably at the very least call the flop and see the turn, but don't automatically assume you are behind already. I might consider an SNG in this spot seeing as the pot is fairly sizable, and muck a raise there. It also hurts your table image somewhat by folding to a raise on the flop as it looks like a bluff almost.

If a non-scare card falls on the turn and you SNG and are called then I would probably either then check-call or check-fold the river. This would depend on the nature of the board at this point and the nature of the caller.

If you pin this player more as a bluffer check-call down would probably be correct, but since the board is fairly draw heavy you want to bet the turn, which is why I think an SNG makes more sense in this spot.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:28 PM

IMO, even against a LAG I see no reason to continue. You're already beat too many ways and if you aren't you are easily outdrawn. I don't really know if this should really factor in much but sometimes LAGs afterawhile tend to slow down and I think you calling down here could contribute to him slowing down in the future. I like LAGS, take that back I love LAGs. I encourage you to bust him, just not here.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:41 PM

I don't know if folding the flop is the best play here. What hands have you dominated? Ax, which is a popular raising hand, and AA, QQ-TT. With button's numbers, particularly his 15% pfr, I call this down, unless another spade hits, and Button bets. Yes, you may be behind to an A, but giving him credit for an A immediately is weak/tight in my opinion.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:02 PM

There's a lot of hands that have you way behind here, but this is a LAG opponent. With that flop, the chances he's making a pure bluff go way up. I think you have to call this down.

Also, a LAG will suspect you of bluffing here, so trying anything fancy won't work.