Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Micro 6 Max: 88

You only need 14:1 to call with 3 outs. I give Hero ~3 outs, and the implied odds make up for it.

I should amend and say it depends on how many call button's bet (assuming he bets the flop). If he does and everyone calls I think it's a call at that point, closing the action.

Do you like the flop bet?
Old 11-06-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Getting 11:1 you can draw for your gutshot here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that even if I hit my gutshot, I chop some non-zero percent of the time here. I'm also pretty sure my set outs are very tainted. I'm not sure it's as simple as getting 11:1.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't continuation bet that flop against that many opponents. If you check and Button bets, you can probably peel with your set and backdoor outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to fold hands like K9 when I bet this flop. Also, I was hoping to get the button. Do you think it's not worth it in this case?
Old 11-06-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You only need 14:1 to call with 3 outs. I give Hero ~3 outs, and the implied odds make up for it.

[/ QUOTE ]
we are going to have to spend at least 1.5 big bets to see the river to complete our backdoor draws. take that and the fact that our flush (which will come through more often than the straight) will not be good a majority of time we hit it, and i think the implied odds for those draws are very, very slim, if not negative.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you like the flop bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
nah, i check and hope button doesn't bet. with AT on the board and the pot sizeable, way too many hands are calling this flop bet. any ace, any ten, KQ/KJ/QJ, etc.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't continuation bet that flop against that many opponents. If you check and Button bets, you can probably peel with your set and backdoor outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to fold hands like K9 when I bet this flop. Also, I was hoping to get the button. Do you think it's not worth it in this case?

[/ QUOTE ]

You might get K9 or something to fold, but that doesn't help you against an A, a flush draw, a T, or a gutshot to broadway, none of which are going to fold for one more SB.

Absolute position isn't going to help you make any decisions in this hand.

I'd rather have the free card if i can get it, since the value of your hand is going to change a lot on the turn. Is one of your backdoor draws going to get closer? Is another overcard going to fall? Getting to the turn without bloating the pot is better than the minor potential benefits of trying to push out K9 and buy the button.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:46 PM

You are right about the backdoor draws. 2 of the 3 outs I am giving credit for are the 8's. Consider the implied odds if you happen to hit a set. Our relative position is super sweet. You also have to consider that it is prudent to fold the turn very often here. Most of the time closing the action will only cost .5 BBs instead of 1.5.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Getting 11:1 you can draw for your gutshot here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that even if I hit my gutshot, I chop some non-zero percent of the time here. I'm also pretty sure my set outs are very tainted. I'm not sure it's as simple as getting 11:1.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, good point. I'm giving ourselves 3 outs and I think we need about 13:1 to continue here, given our implied odds.