Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 09:18 PM

Default Micro 6 max: JJ

Check raising villain in this hand was a little too aggressive. After he raised the flop, I guess he was on a mid PP or he had a 3. After the turn action, I'm pretty sure I'm behind, but I think the pot was big enough to call on the river. Any comments are appreciated.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (16 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB
Old 11-05-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Micro 6 max: JJ

I'm new to 6-max, but it seems okay to call the river. Getting c/r on both the flop and the turn is somewhat worrisome.

What would he only call a raise w/ in the SB preflop with? Only PPs and big cards? Any range? With the flop action, it doesn't seem like he have the Q. So the call sounds good to me.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:31 PM

Flop 3-bet isn't bad, though I usually prefer calling the C/R and raising just about any turn. As you played it the turn is a fairly easy bet/fold.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:36 PM

Any read on villan?

Hands you're way behind: AA, KK, QQ, 88, 33, and hands like T8s 98s 87s 86s (all hands he would defend with).

It seems pretty unlikely after the flop cap that he's on anything other than a bigger pair or an 8 (the 8 is much more likely).

The pot's big enough to call down after the flop, but I don't see much value in betting into him on the turn. Once he raises you, the river seems like a crying call.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:37 PM

no concern about a free card if it gets checked through?
Old 11-05-2005, 09:39 PM

i don't usually bet these turns after a player caps a flop unless it improves me to a better hand. you're getting c/r a large percentage of the time and typically should lay down your hand to a 2nd c/r.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no concern about a free card if it gets checked through?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, if what gets checked thru? Hero has position.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't usually bet these turns after a player caps a flop unless it improves me to a better hand. you're getting c/r a large percentage of the time and typically should lay down your hand to a 2nd c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]