Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2003, 11:58 AM

Default Shorthanded $25 NL Home Game

5 Handed-

Folded to a weak/tight player on the button who just calls. Small blind blind limps (strong player). I'm in the BB and peak down at Ac3c. I'm about 7 Guinness's deep.
I've been playing very aggressive for the past hour and decide to just check my ace for the first time that night. I mumbled something about having pocket aces.

Flop- Qc 8c 4d - Checked around. I noticed the button is disgusted at this point.

Turn- 2c - SB springs alive and bets the pot. I think for a while and smooth call (About 90% of the time I would raise with the nuts here, but I decide I want to give him some rope). Button folds.

River- Qd - SB bets 3/4 the pot. I double it. He sits there for a bit and pushes all-in. I asked him if he had the boat and he smiled. OK, I have him beat, I call.

He shows me- Kc9c and I am forced to crushed his soul. Did he make a mistake going all-in after my raise at the river w/o the Ace? I don't know what I would do if I was sitting in his seat. Probably the same thing.