Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2005, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Suggestions for my first trip to Foxwoods?

[ QUOTE ]
The 5/10 game is a Kill at $100, which means that the game is 10/20 about 98% of the time. You'll be posting an extra big blind every time you win, and you'll be playing with maniacs. The 10/20 game is much more sane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info. I'm moving reasonably close to Foxwoods (about an hour away, perhaps a few minutes more), and to supplement my online play, I was looking to play either 4/8 or 5/10 at Foxwoods 1-2 times a month. However, my bankroll would be a little short (at the same time, since it would be seperate from my online bankroll, I'm not entirely concerned with busting out), so if the 5-10 is a kill game that constantly goes to 10-20...I'll stick to 4-8 and just bring about $400 the next time I go. From what I've seen in my trips there, the games are extraordinarily soft.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Suggestions for my first trip to Foxwoods?

The $4/8 game is easily beatable. The $5/10 is, too, but it's a real roller coaster ride.

My experience with the $5/10 game is that every time I sit down to one, I ask myself what the heck I'm doing. There's usually one or more maniacs at the table who, as previously noted, push the majority of hands into kill pot territory.

It goes like that, with lots of betting and sucking out, until all the maniacs go broke. Then, it settles down to being a rock garden while the semi-decent players wait for more contributors to show up. The variance of the game can just be scary if you're not bankrolled for the limit.

By contrast, the $5/10 (with kill) Omaha H/L game is like a vacation at your aunt Millie's. You know, the kindly but boring aunt who gives you $20 bills for lack of any better way to entertain you.