Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 06:44 AM

Default QQ ... ouch :(

Ok... I played this wrong didn't I...

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (15.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 27.75 BB
Old 07-06-2005, 06:56 AM

Default Re: QQ ... ouch :(

its a weirdhand cause who knows what utg+1s range is, since the betting came back capped to him and he had no choice to call.

theres no reason for you to cap this river though. you only have the 2nd nut flush and theres a possible boat on board, which could be very possibly considering the betting on the flop. the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] could also be out there somewhere.

for the flop, i'm not sure if i'm 3 betting a pre-flop 3 better, even with queens. depends on your reads and his play. do you have any hands on him?

your line on the turn is fine, i think. too much money to fold and too much agression to raise. the river is where you really screwed up.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:11 AM

I don't think you have to fear a full-house too much.
I can't imagine UTG+1 or UTG+2 3-betting or coldcalling the cap with anything that contains a 2.
I believe its more likely you have to deal with a high pair (99 to KK) with an heart from UTG+1.

I'd say the river cap is ok.
But I'm a bit of a maniac myself, so... ;-)
Old 07-06-2005, 07:27 AM

The way the preflop and flop betting went, I would put one of them on KK or AA, to be honest. I think I probably would have just called the river too, in fear of the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2005, 08:16 AM

The first raise on the river is okay, but capping is overdoing it.

By the way he played the hand, I'm about 99% confident that UTG+1 has either KK (with the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) or AA.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you have to fear a full-house too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG+1 has done nothing but bet and raise at every opportunity.

He sees the four [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s on board, and he sees that the board is already paired, yet he keeps blasting away when that A hits on the river.

I wonder what he has.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:24 AM

Judging by the action so far, I don't even like the first river raise. This is some very serious action, AA and KK are likely holdings for at least one of your opponents.

If someone has KK, you very well could be beaten by a better flush. If someone has AA, they just boated up. The river completed your flush, but you are still behind the majority of any of villains reasonable holdings at this point. What other hands can you put villains on here that would make sense given the action and would also make you think the river improved you to the best hand?

Don't raise the river at all. Just call it and hope your hand holds up 1 time in 17 (honestly, I think even that's being generous...).
Old 07-06-2005, 08:33 AM

It really looks like you got the short end of the stick on some AA vs KK vs QQ action, or else your opponents are maniacs. On the river, you have the third best hand. I would just call there.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:06 AM

I would hope that you'd be up against AA or KK. However, this is micro limit...So it wouldn't suprise me if someone did have a 2 or maybe even 66. I'd have to take a look at the VPIP of the others taking the flop to have a better idea of their range of starting hands.

I think raising/reraising on the river was a bad play. A call is definitely in order...