Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Re: full tilt????

[ QUOTE ]
I get A-K player calls a raise.

flop comes 9-2-Q rainbow. I bet, he calls. turn 8. I bet he calls. river 7. I bet...

[/ QUOTE ]

what was the purpose of your river bet?

Barron
Old 11-03-2005, 02:16 PM

hahahahaha

yeah ive seen that alot on here. im seriously not looking for any sympathy here though. just wanted to see if any other players on FT have noticed a change in the level of play like almost over night. it went from a fairly tight game to no one folding anything, which is good for me in the long run [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. im just shocked at what i thought was a pretty tight game to a no folding allowed game
Old 11-03-2005, 02:22 PM

This bet was not made by me. This is from someone on the site who made this post on the Full Tilt Forum. Its def a bad bet since the only thing calling you is a hand that beats you. there is no value to the bet. my whole intention of this post was just to see if anyone else had noticed this type of play recently. ive been on this site for about 3 months and havent ever seen it this loose. i mean calling bets on the flop with 7 high is pretty loose. even if you think someone has nothing how can you call with 7 high. you either raise or fold, dont chase and hope to get lucky. I mean for a player like me who understands this it is a good thing since i will make lots of money off of these people i the long run. I guess i just had a perception of full tilt being a site unlike party poker where people do this. Esp when i first started it was a fairly tight game. Im not mad at the change i noticed, just surprised
Old 11-03-2005, 02:25 PM

ok well its not the bad beat generator, it should be called the worst hand wins over and over and over generator, or the loose player with no hand till the river wins generator. i think thats what they do, they switch like every month between the tight style wins generator and the loose style wins generator.
(i hope you all who read this know im not serious)
Old 11-04-2005, 03:54 PM

I've been playing a lot of short handed $2/4, $3/6, and occasionally $5/10 on Full Tilt lately. The reason you're seeing this change is because of ESPN airing WSOP coverage. In this coverage, every 3rd person shown on TV has a Full Tilt jersey on. The Phil Ivey's, Chris Ferguson's, Howard Lederer's, etc.

New people coming to a site is a good thing. When these new people play any 2 suited, it's a better thing.

In the AK vs 57 hand, you are only about a 60/40 favorite to win that hand before the flop. But sometimes, you gotta put yourself into "donkey" mode when someone makes a play like that.
<font color="red">
Entering Donkey mode....
"Ok, I'm a new player and I want to be like my hero Phil Ivey when I grow up. Ok, I got 5-7 offsuit. I'm not sure what position I'm in because I'm a donkey and have no concept of position and also because the OP didn't give all the details. I'll play this hand.

Flop: 9-2-Q rainbow

Ok, I didn't improve, but it's cheap to call this bet. It's only 10 cents!

Turn, 8

Wooohooo! I got a straight draw, this guy is in trouble

River, 7

Oh well, no straight, but I've gone this far. I'll go ahead and blow this final quarter.

Wait... I get the money? That fool just bet the river with nothing but ace high! No wonder so many people play this game for a living! Easy money."

Leaving donkey mode.....
</font>

Bottom line.. keep plugging, you want these kind of guys in your game. Also, evaluate your own game too. Read the heck out of the Small Stakes and Micro Limit boards. Also invest a few bucks in Small Stakes Hold 'em.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:01 PM

Why did you bet the river with ace high? Poor choice. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok well its not the bad beat generator, it should be called the worst hand wins over and over and over generator

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, now I see. Wait. What?

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
eric
Old 11-04-2005, 10:31 PM

and the worst players on the site, BTW, are usually at pro's tables - trying to make a move-

While I don't advise going to a pro's table just to play with the pro (unless you want to) - I'd highly advise going there for the sushi -

Just turn off observer comments - esp. if it's Jennifer Harman or Clonie Gowan or Kristy Gazes - LOL

RB
Old 11-05-2005, 12:01 AM

yeah the ak 57 hand wasnt me just something i read on the full tilt forum about another player which by the way i think the hand was played very poorly by both people at a certain point. that was my main idea was that all the air time between; wsop, card player, full tilt learn from the pros and their televised tournaments, just drew a huge crowd of bad players. i think thats the only explanation for this huge swing in level of play
Old 11-05-2005, 12:05 AM

ak wasnt my hand i posted that from another player who posted that on the full tilt forum from the looseness of the play by 57 pre flop and on the flop. i dont mind 57's turn play at all. if he puts him on ak then hes looking at 10 outs and the pot probably dictated a call at that point but preflop limping calling a riase and calling a bet on the flop is just mega loose which was my intention of this post to see if anyone else noticed this sudden looseness.