Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Should the Colts trade James?

Everyone is talking about it here in Indy and I am just curious what other people think about the Colts possibly trading the Edge.

So should they trade him or not?
Old 03-10-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Should the Colts trade James?

Doesn't the answer to your question 100% depend on what they could get?
Old 03-10-2005, 04:55 PM

If you could get help for your sorry ass secondary I would.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. But he is getting on in years, and they do need help on defense, and he does want to move to Florida, and.... Lotta good reasons to do it if they can get a halfway decent deal.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:05 PM

They probably need to. I don't see how the keep Manning, Harrison and James together while feilding a championship caliber team. Running back is the easiest to replace. Idealy they trade him and are able to draft a cheaper but still talented replacement. It's a role of the dice though.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They probably need to. I don't see how the keep Manning, Harrison and James together while feilding a championship caliber team. Running back is the easiest to replace. Idealy they trade him and are able to draft a cheaper but still talented replacement. It's a role of the dice though.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but I have to say I was shocked when I saw they resinged Harrison when they did.

I mean, you have four receivers who post similar numbers, and Harrison starts to drift away from the lead role.

Now, you have two great/very good receivers, along with one good one, and you get rid of your excellent running back?

It didn't make much sense to me. I would have gotten rid of Harrison. (I may have missed info about free agency or something).

I personally would have just let Manning go though. That's where the money is tied up ... and hey, Warner's looking for a job.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I personally would have just let Manning go though ... and hey, Warner's looking for a job.

[/ QUOTE ]
WOW
Old 03-10-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but I have to say I was shocked when I saw they resinged Harrison when they did.

I mean, you have four receivers who post similar numbers, and Harrison starts to drift away from the lead role.

Now, you have two great/very good receivers, along with one good one, and you get rid of your excellent running back?

It didn't make much sense to me. I would have gotten rid of Harrison. (I may have missed info about free agency or something).

I personally would have just let Manning go though. That's where the money is tied up ... and hey, Warner's looking for a job.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lived in St. Louis for 7 years, through the glory and Warner is no P. Manning.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. But he is getting on in years, and they do need help on defense, and he does want to move to Florida, and.... Lotta good reasons to do it if they can get a halfway decent deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

James will be 27 at the start of the 2005 season. By comparison, last year's leading rusher, Curtis Martin, started the 2004 season at 31 years old. Priest Holmes, the best running back in 2003, was 30 years old that year.

James has plenty of good years ahead of him.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
James will be 27 at the start of the 2005 season. By comparison, last year's leading rusher, Curtis Martin, started the 2004 season at 31 years old. Priest Holmes, the best running back in 2003, was 30 years old that year. James has plenty of good years ahead of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

James may have plenty of good years head of him. But probably running out of really good years. Wait a couple of years and they'll get a lot less for him. Martin is a freak (and I mean it in a good way). He is a rarity, not the rule. Plus, James wants to move. When a player wants to go, it's amazing how much less productive he can become.