Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2004, 11:02 AM

Default Re: Mattias Anderson

Normally, I'm pretty easygoing when it comes to player antics, but I have to agree that this was fingernails-on-blackboard annoying. I was actually hoping he'd lose hands, just so we wouldn't need another display.

The Closed Captioning seemed to translate it to "DUUUH", which seemed somehow appropriate.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:21 AM

Last week I thought it was funny. This week is was dumb. When it happens EVERY TIME, it's hard to fall back on "he's young and excitable".
Old 09-08-2004, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Closed Captioning seemed to translate it to "DUUUH", which seemed somehow appropriate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic.

Last week I defended the guy a bit, but this week he was just over the top.

The hand that bugged me the most was the one that he knocked out Ferguson on. His 55 against Ferguson's AK....Anderson is AHEAD in the hand, and he's chanting for a 5 to come on the flop, like he's behind or something. Then when the five hits, he practically does the Super Bowl Shuffle in celebration. I can understand being excited, but that was like dancing on someone's grave while you're in the middle of burying them.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:26 AM

I can't remember the exact quote, but did anyone else laugh when he said that screaming like that helps him stay in the moment and keep his focus?

Brett
Old 09-08-2004, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The hand that bugged me the most was the one that he knocked out Ferguson on. His 55 against Ferguson's AK....Anderson is AHEAD in the hand, and he's chanting for a 5 to come on the flop, like he's behind or something. Then when the five hits, he practically does the Super Bowl Shuffle in celebration. I can understand being excited, but that was like dancing on someone's grave while you're in the middle of burying them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind Andersson too much, but this hand was over the top. If I recall correctly, the pot size was not very big compared to Andersson's stack -- although it would (and did) knock Ferguson out of the tournament. If there is every a time to shut the f**k up, it was here. There was no reason to be as excited as he was after this hand unless you are purposely being a jerk.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:03 PM

I dunno. If anything he's going to get more excited with each passing hand, considering he's getting closer and closer to big money.

Personally he cracks me up. Would probably be annoying to play against but not nearly as bad as some of the other players we've seen this year (Mouth, Hellmuth, Josh's outburst last night).
Old 09-08-2004, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't remember the exact quote, but did anyone else laugh when he said that screaming like that helps him stay in the moment and keep his focus?

Brett

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that was hilarious
Old 09-08-2004, 12:14 PM

We should protest by not watching next weeks final table broadcast unless ESPN cuts away when he goes all in against someone. He is by far the most annoying person I have ever seen period.

It is hard to believe there hasn't been a confrontation with him and another player about it. I would have told him to shut the f*** up if I was at the table with him. The more they show him the more he looks like a freaking loser albeit a rich one now.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:20 PM

I hit mute everytime he is in a hand now. Anyone know what place he finishes? I am to lazy to look at the moment, but I want to make sure I watch that one.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:37 PM

He finishes 8th.