Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 06:42 PM

Default $33 TPWK on the flop.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) converter

Hero (t665)
BB (t985)
UTG (t275)
UTG+1 (t1348)
MP1 (t530)
MP2 (t1832)
CO (t1530)
Button (t835)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls t50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls t50, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t200) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets t50</font>, Hero ...
Old 08-20-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: $33 TPWK on the flop.

Are you serious? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

You have a rag hand with 13bb in a multiway pot. If you think you're ahead, you should definitely c/r all-in. But I would just fold without a read.

And completing preflop is just chip spewing IMO. Sure you are 7.5:1 to flop a flush draw (or flush), but you're flush will often be second best or you won't get paid off. You're going to have to check/fold most 2 flush boards unless you also hit a pair. Also, two pair only happens like 2% of the time, and it's often counterfeited when played to the river.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

You have a rag hand with 13bb in a multiway pot. If you think you're ahead, you should definitely c/r all-in. But I would just fold without a read.

And completing preflop is just chip spewing IMO. Sure you are 7.5:1 to flop a flush draw (or flush), but you're flush will often be second best or you won't get paid off. You're going to have to check/fold most 2 flush boards unless you also hit a pair. Also, two pair only happens like 2% of the time, and it's often counterfeited when played to the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with most of the above except I don't think the complete is as bad as Isura is make it sound. It's probably -EV but only slightly.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:52 PM

you have a very limited understanding of this game, honestly you will never be successful at the higher limits, and thats just being blunt.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:21 PM

Well, these are my choices.

1) Call, and see what the turn brings (and to see what the others do)
2) Make it 200 to go right here, and take it down now
3) Fold.

In this case, I called, and the two others behind me called as well.

The turn was a non-spade ace. And I folded. My thoughts and questions revolve around, How does line 2 above sit with anyone here?
Old 08-20-2005, 09:28 PM

That's a pretty weak bet, but who knows what it means. I want more info before I raise, especially from UTG: limping in with 5xbb, he figures to have a big pair a fair percentage of the time, and it would be consistent with his preflop slowplay for him to check this flop. Check-raising here is just a bet laying about 1.5-1.7:1 odds that I have the best hand, and I don't feel confident enough about this hand to take that variance. I would just flat-call and see what SB and UTG do. If they stick around, I'm shutting down. If they fold, I'm thinking of leading about 60% of turns for, like, 40% of pot.

I'd fold this preflop, the hand doesn't have much potential, plus there's the suspicious limp from UTG.

EDIT: Hmm I dunno. Perhaps folding is best. It just seems like a fairly marginal situation and with your stack getting low maybe it's not worth the variance.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:50 PM

I definitely think my hand is good here. I want to take it down. There's t250 in the middle, you've got t600 left.

I think I cut down on my reverse implied odds and take it down right then and there.

Also, folding preflop could be good.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have a very limited understanding of this game, honestly you will never be successful at the higher limits, and thats just being blunt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you referring to?
Old 08-21-2005, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, these are my choices.

1) Call, and see what the turn brings (and to see what the others do)
2) Make it 200 to go right here, and take it down now
3) Fold.

In this case, I called, and the two others behind me called as well.

The turn was a non-spade ace. And I folded. My thoughts and questions revolve around, How does line 2 above sit with anyone here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I fold this PF as well (and I don't think it's close) but my standard line on this flop *after I check* (I bet here a lot) is to checkraise his worthless bet and beat his eights now.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:33 AM

I fold PF, but here I c/r that donk bet. I'm with adanthar though on leading out 1/2 pot seems best.