Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 05:41 AM

Default PT addon idea

I threw this post up on the pt forum and would like to hear some responses from the poker community.

alright, this idea may be way out there, but here goes....
would it be possible to use poker academy pro and pokertracker together to run a couple million random hands in order to get an ev for every hand in every position against your average sort of low limit table players. After that have the new utility compare your returns for each hand in positions with reasonable ev range for the same hand and position. I realize we are talking about 169 unique hands in 10 different positions so that is a major pain in the butt, but someone better than me could probably figure out a slick way to display each position and returns etc. Would this be a solid way for someone to realize definitive leaks in their game and how much it is costing them? Also, if you have saved Poki hand histories, you could see how he/she played the same hand in the same position. Finally, would this also give you a total ev over the course of your last x hands to see if you are running hot or cold.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:44 AM

Default Re: PT addon idea

Just want to mention that hands played by human players should be much more valuable than simulated players. Most people don't find looking at the pokerroom.com eval stats to be much of a chore, though the real question remains if they are limit, no-limit, or combined statistics.