Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 02:21 PM

Default Card Room Operators

I have a friend that has approached me about opening a cadroom. Now let me first say that I have no experiance in a cardroom except as a player. However this is a lot more than he has. Anyway he has a beer wine and gambling licencse that he he will lose in the next year if it is not used. So I am wondering if there are any cardroom owners out there that would care to talk to me about it for a few. Number of tables to make a good profit? Words of warning? Words of encouragement. That type of thing. Is this a good Idea at all? I Live in an area that has a ridiculous poker law of a 300 pot limit. Along with having the parasite of gambling the keno machine and poker machine posted all over the state. Sorry this post is a tad random. Obviously I haven't to much of an idea what I am doing. And yes he could probably have asked someone with more experiance but he didn't and I think this is a big opportunity having a gambling licencse handed to me and told to do my best.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Card Room Operators

I can't help you but mentioning the state you're in might make a diff. And then there's always a lawyer or two who might specialize, or at least have experience in, this subject.