Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 06:15 AM

Default Turn decision OOP, A8s in SB.

3/6 HE 6-max, game is very fishy, comprised of mostly loose-passives, with a couple of bad LAGs.

BB is one of the bad LAGs, large opening range regardless of position.

I have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the SB, 4 limpers to me, I complete, BB raises, everyone calls.

Flop (12 SB, 6 players): J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, BB bets, two folds, CO calls, button folds, I call.

Turn (7.5BB, three players): J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, BB bets, CO folds, my action? If calling, what's the river plan?
Old 12-18-2005, 06:58 AM

Default Re: Turn decision OOP, A8s in SB.

With your read easy peasy call here. I don't wanna raise and give him a chance to bluff me out or 3-bet with his better hands. We're far too strong to consider folding against this opponent.

I'd probably donk the river, depends on what the card is though. 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is getting donked and paying off a raise. K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I'll probably check/call.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With your read easy peasy call here. I don't wanna raise and give him a chance to bluff me out or 3-bet with his better hands. We're far too strong to consider folding against this opponent.

I'd probably donk the river, depends on what the card is though. 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is getting donked and paying off a raise. K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I'll probably check/call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with this. What I would have done differently, though, is c-r the flop with only BB and CO in the pot. If everyone had stayed in, I would have ended up just c-c'ing the flop. With only 2 opponents, I think we can show strength without bloating the pot.

If we're reraised on the flop or raised after leading the turn, then I can pretty comfortably lay it down UI.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:42 AM

I think I call and then call down against a LAG here. I'm not sure if the flop was correct I might have bet out there however I'm a little too aggressive so you might have been right in c/c. I think that the pot is big enough to call down against a LAG HU in this situation. I don't think betting out here on the river is right in this situation as you might get raised by an agressor and you've got a good chance at inducing a bluff.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:45 PM

I ended up calling the turn, and donking the river (low heart), but looking back on it, yeah, check-calling was better as A-high and weak pairs probably aren't calling on that board.

I don't think a flop CR is correct, the best part of the check-call is my relative position to the raiser going to the turn.

I'm still trying to figure out if there are any river cards which might change my equity drastically enough to make this a fold on the river (given that I called the turn T). Maybe a 9 or a Q?

As it turned out, the BB called my donk-bet and we chopped. He had A8o.