Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-15-2005, 11:41 PM

Default PP $200 - River play with boat

Villain is a tight/passive 9/4.5/1.4

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter

Hero ($208.90)
MP1 ($453.85)
MP2 ($97.80)
MP3 ($100)
CO ($277.60)
Button ($338.20)
SB ($209)
BB ($200)
UTG ($360.50)
UTG+1 ($74.23)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $2. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, CO calls $2, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($11) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls $10, Button folds, BB calls $10.

Turn: ($41) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $75</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $45.

River: ($191) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ???

Check or bet? Hero has $122 left
Old 12-15-2005, 11:52 PM

Default Re: PP $200 - River play with boat

unless u are prepared to fold when he pushes push.

push push push

push push push
Old 12-16-2005, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

come on, now...don't be dumb. there's 0% chance of me folding the second nuts here. the question is whether to bet (and how much) or to check to induce a bet.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:33 AM

congrats on the suck out...
obvious ez push... i couldve answered this post after only reading the title.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:40 AM

Push, I go broke here to a better hand.

I don't like checking here because if he knows what he's doing he knows you're almost pot committed. I guess if you think checking gets action from missed flush draws, and villian bets every hand he calls a push with, I think it's better than betting. Villians numbers are really tight indicating some chance he won't bluff or bet with everything he calls with.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:24 AM

what hands can he possibly have?

88 and 33 make the most sense with AQ and QQ next. A8s and A3s are remote possibilities. Least likely are Q8s and JT[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (turned double-gutter plus flush draw). Only the two that are least likely will fold to a push, but all of them ought to be pushing on the end.

shrug, i pushed because i figured that he HAD to have something that could call, but i guess i was wrong because he folded.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

push push push

push push push

[/ QUOTE ]

Hit the nail on the head, if you are calling his push you should push yourself, otherwise you lose $122 when he has the nuts and give him the chance to check behind his marginal had like trip aces which he would probably call your push. The only reason to not bet here is is if you put him on a flush draw and think he will bluff at it.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:41 AM

Bet. Just like everyone's already mentioned, you get value from exactly a draw by checking, and a draw's a pretty thin read here, given the smallish turn raise. I dont see a semi-bluff making it 75 to go on the turn. I think 88 and 33 are probably the most solid reads, with A8, A3, and AQ also possible. Every single one of those hands is calling your river shove, and you're stacking all but two, losing to only one. All in, listen to him whine about how yo sucked out on his set.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet. Just like everyone's already mentioned, you get value from exactly a draw by checking, and a draw's a pretty thin read here, given the smallish turn raise. I dont see a semi-bluff making it 75 to go on the turn. I think 88 and 33 are probably the most solid reads, with A8, A3, and AQ also possible. Every single one of those hands is calling your river shove, and you're stacking all but two, losing to only one. All in, listen to him whine about how yo sucked out on his set.

[/ QUOTE ]you guys are missing the point. if he has a hand that will call my push, then he will be pushing himself. you don't think that 33 or a big A pushes the river when checked to?

if any hand that will call will also push, then checking may be better because there are some hands that won't call that may also push.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]you guys are missing the point. if he has a hand that will call my push, then he will be pushing himself. you don't think that 33 or a big A pushes the river when checked to?

if any hand that will call will also push, then checking may be better because there are some hands that won't call that may also push.

[/ QUOTE ]

trip A's w/o a full house don't push but could call a push. Uber tight villian with a set doesn't push but would call a push (rare but it happened to me b4).

Those 2 things make up for the chance that he will bluff push river if checked to IMO.