Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Re: 10K mini-checkup

[ QUOTE ]
I follow the tight chart from SSHE pretty religiously, what else would you guys recommend raising? Also, I usually don't bet out the flop if I have top pair weak kicker (from a blind or something), should I start? At what point do you guys start betting out your second- and third-pairs?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet out NPNK (no pair no kicker) from the blinds if I'm against 2 or 3 limpers and it looks like the flop probably missed everybody. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I'm definately betting TPNK unless the whole table called pre-flop. Why give everyone a free card to pair up or catch a good draw?
Old 06-14-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I follow the tight chart from SSHE pretty religiously, what else would you guys recommend raising? Also, I usually don't bet out the flop if I have top pair weak kicker (from a blind or something), should I start? At what point do you guys start betting out your second- and third-pairs?

[/ QUOTE ]

At party .50/1? If you are going to follow any chart, follow the loose one. Most party .50/1 tables are very loose. I once had an entire table call my PFR when I had aces.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most party .50/1 tables are very loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they're not. Especially not outside of prime time.

(For the record, I have ~55k hands at Party .5/1. The ASF for all tables during those hands was 40.44, meaning that on average only 4 players saw the flop each hand, blinds included. That's not a Poker Stars-esque rock garden, but it's not uber-loose either).
Old 06-14-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is my AF w/o PFR included:

It is .85 with PFR.

I'm pretty sure I qualify as very weak-tight. Maybe even weak-semi-loose. FWIW PokerTracker labels me a SLAP.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are my actions. You should raise more all around but especially on the flop. Raise your flush draws and OE straight draws. If the player to your right bets out on the flop and you're going to call strongly consider raising instead.

Don't check the flop and turn so much. Take control of the hand...especially from the blinds. You're paying a lot of money for those blind cards and you need to learn how to maximise their use. Many many flops miss everyone and you might as well be the one to take the pot. This takes a good deal of experience to know what flops to bet though. You can start out by thinking "If someone bets this flop will I call?" If the answer is yes then why are you checking? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] (unless you're planning a check/raise)

Post your position stats if you can and let's see how much you're losing from the blinds.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it can be a real rockfest on many tables there during the early afternoon. Especially during reload periods.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:00 PM

Your aggression needs a little work as well.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it can be a real rockfest on many tables there during the early afternoon. Especially during reload periods.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean uber loose, but it is not a total stretch to find several tables with a 35 to 40 percent VP%IP. (I do play a lot at night though)
Old 06-14-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I call a lot with back door draws and such and I think that lowers my figure. If you look at strictly the raise % it's probably not that bad, no?
Old 06-14-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I call a lot with back door draws and such and I think that lowers my figure. If you look at strictly the raise % it's probably not that bad, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that bad but still looks like some opportunities to improve a little.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Pre-flop I'm okay with your 21.51 VP$IP at the .50/1 level, but your PFR% should be at least 9, preferably 10. If you do tighten up a bit pre-flop, still work on being more aggressive and keep that PFR% around 9-10.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think tightening up a bit with marginal hands until he becomes more confident postflop is a very good idea.