Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 11:43 AM

Default AA redeems itself against insanely loose player

Button is ridiculously crazy player.

After raising 80% of the hands played at the table for 45 minutes (and getting outrageously lucky by winning quite a few of them) the maniac's luck finally runs out.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (14.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (26.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 30.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ah As (four of a kind, aces).
Button has 4h 6s (straight, six high).
Outcome: Hero wins 30.75 BB. </font>
Old 05-24-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Re: AA redeems itself against insanely loose player

Bet-3bet the river.

Rob
Old 05-24-2005, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet-3bet the river.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Word.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet-3bet the river.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but by how he just called my check-raise, i'm inclined to believe he would have just called an initial bet too.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet-3bet the river.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but by how he just called my check-raise, i'm inclined to believe he would have just called an initial bet too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds a bit results-oriented to me. In my experience, checkraising, especially on big streets, announces your hand to all but the biggest of donks. Betting will often look like a stupid AK that doesn't want the river to get checked through, and you stand a greater chance of keeping CO around.

Rob
Old 05-24-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet-3bet the river.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You said the Button was ridick crazy. Trap the middle player, don't force him out. Also saves you from an embarrassing check-through.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:55 AM

I believe you guys are right, in hindsight b/3b seems like a better plan. Next time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet-3bet the river.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds a bit results-oriented to me. In my experience, checkraising, especially on big streets, announces your hand to all but the biggest of donks. Betting will often look like a stupid AK that doesn't want the river to get checked through, and you stand a greater chance of keeping CO around.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

CO put the last raise in on the turn, not button. We have no reason to not expect a river bet from CO. If we check-3bet, then he may fold though.

So a bet-3bet can still work here, but only b/c of the read on button.

(seemed like you were commenting as though button capped the turn, so just making sure)
Old 05-24-2005, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet-3bet the river.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

CO put the last raise in on the turn, not button.

[/ QUOTE ]

From his reads, we know Button isn't folding, even if CO raises. So why not bet? We don't have a read on CO but know that he put the last bet in on the turn.

Consequently, I'm betting with the intention of capping.

Rob
Old 05-24-2005, 12:54 PM

I'm glad you caught the 4th Ace and won. Hands like this can cause major tilt when u lose them. Guys calls a 3Bet preflop with 46 and makes a straight.