Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Correct play or a waste of time?

What I think is funny is that he thought his bet was OK, but your raise was not.

Some (most?) players are quick to analyze and judge harshly the play of others, but leave their own play unexamined.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:22 PM

I did not even think about the rake. It might have been capped with his river bet and my call.

Yes, he did have an ace.

Missle - The flop was 3 7's and was checked to me and I checked on the flop. The Q came on the turn and it was checked to me again. I felt like betting here because I had not seen a check raise out of either player left in the pot. I ended up checking and the river was dealt the 4th 7.

Critiquing of my play is most welcome.

Two lessons learned. Raise with the nuts and never forget the rake. I have never really payed much attention to the rake but will from here on out.

Thanks to all who responded.

On a side note - Thinking about the situation later, I don't think he ever officially called. I didn't hear him say call or see him push in more chips. He just held his ace up and started ranting how stupid the raise was. He eventually put his card on the table. Could I have insisted that he mucked his hand because he never said call or pushed in his chips?
Old 06-28-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Could I have insisted that he mucked his hand because he never said call or pushed in his chips?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be so cool. You'd be my new hero.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What I think is funny is that he thought his bet was OK, but your raise was not.

Some (most?) players are quick to analyze and judge harshly the play of others, but leave their own play unexamined.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, yeah, one time months ago on Party the board was four Jacks by the turn, I capped the turn with an Ace in my hand and led out/3-bet the river. The girl raising back at me was berating me by the river, about how it was obvious we both had Aces and I was just feeding the rake (?), all I could think was, um, it takes two to tango... I can't raise without you also raising. The irony was palpable to say the least.

As long as you're gonna keep reopening the betting for me I will raise this to the felt for the 0.02% chance you don't also have an Ace...
Old 06-28-2005, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Could I have insisted that he mucked his hand because he never said call or pushed in his chips?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be so cool. You'd be my new hero.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would have done this, then bought drinks for the table with the money and tipped the waitress and dealer the rest.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:50 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Hahaha great! How to get people on tilt...
Old 06-28-2005, 12:28 PM

Call hands dead when their foolish owner triumphantly slams their full house on the board.