Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Phish

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i still wake up with that [censored] DAVID BOWIE "song" running through my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

catchy, isn't it? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

UB 40
Old 12-16-2005, 02:28 PM

About 4 years ago my wife was working at a little lunch spot inside Pike Place Market that sells totally awesome fish sandwhiches and chowder (Market Grill). One of the guys there was huge Phish fan and one year had turned Trey onto their grub, which he rightfully loved. So the next time Trey came to Seattle for a tour, he came by to eat. (IIRC it was the first show a new solo tour, maybe 2001?).

About an hour or two after Trey's visit, I was there having lunch and these guys showed up who were obviosly in town to see the show. They are going on and on about Phish, eventually mentioning they had flow FROM BRAZIL to see the show. Jesus Christ.

My wife, never one to miss a good opportunity, jumps in with "You know he ate here today". They of course went on and on asking what he ordered, what was he like, etc.. My wife humors them with honest answers for a bit before saying: "Then he said 'I really don't get it why people are so gaga over us. I mean, flying all over the world to see a concert? Those people need to get a life.'"

The look on their faces was priceless. I could barely contain myself watching their jaws nearly hit the floor when they thought they beloved hero dissed them. She eventually fessed up so their worldview could be reconstructed but that was one precious moment I will never forget.

KJS
Old 12-16-2005, 02:31 PM

Trey enever understood or understands why people flcok to him or the band. Jerry had the same problem. He never wanted to be called the leader of the gretful dead but he surely was.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:32 PM

that's a pretty funny story, i can picture it.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:01 PM

please let this happen. i caught the new years run in miami a couple years ago, and it was ridiculous. my one regret in my thus far short life is i didnt get into the dead in time to see jerry play live.

tangent: any comments on the dead taking all the soundboards off archive.org? personally, i give it two thumbs down and i think jerry is spinning in his grave right now.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:01 PM

well, what led to this most recent breakup is trey really getting into Oxy's. He was really off for the entire summer tour because he was really messed up from them. I'm assuming that he has it under control now, or is done with them for the most part, because his play at Roseland 5 weeks ago was night and day from his play at Coventry. 5 Weeks ago he was on point and looking like he was having fun on stage again
Old 12-16-2005, 04:14 PM

whats funny is i never used archive.org until very very recently , like 2 days before they pulled them . I always used furthernet.org or gdlive.com always foudn what i needed. However it seemed Archive had "everything" that I could ever want.

But alas, its gone now, Hopefully Bobby pulls the stick out his ass and lets us download again. I cant see this falling on Phil or the rest of the Band
Old 12-16-2005, 05:22 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

for those that have hdtv trey's interview on matt pinfield's show 'sound off' (hdnet) was great. not coming from a phish guy either, it an objectively good interview.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He was really off for the entire summer tour because he was really messed up from them. I'm assuming that he has it under control now, or is done with them for the most part, because his play at Roseland 5 weeks ago was night and day from his play at Coventry.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah. I had a great time at Coventry and at the Vegas shows in the spring before that, but you could definitely tell that Trey was off somehow and lots of stuff was super sloppy and even though I was sad about them breaking up and didn't want it to happen, I could understand why.

But then I saw Trey when he played in Seattle in the fall this year and he seemed like he was totally on and sharp and focussed. It was completely different. The band he was playing with was nowhere near as good as Phish, but I still enjoyed the show a lot and seeing him like that made me sad that phish isn't together anymore because it feels like with Trey in that shape they could play some really topnotch stuff right now.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:24 PM

and thats what he says too, hes clear headed, and the band he plays with now is "no Phish" hes going to want to make music with the guys again soon enough. maybe not full "tour" schedules but a few here and there . Atleast never full retired.
Plus I dont think they liked how it went down in Coventry. All the rain , all the people stuck . all the people who couldnt get there.