Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: And people say Mass drivers are aggressive?

That looks really really familiar. Any idea exactly where this was? It looks like Western New York, just north of the Peace Bridge. Either way, my guess is the guy is in an EZPass lane and didn't have one...so he stopped like an idiot. I just can't imagine how long someone would have to sit there before I'd get pissed off enough to do something that retarded, lol.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This reminds me of what happened to a buddy of mine a few years back. He was driving behind a really slow old woman for a while...finally she put her left blinker on and slowed down, so he started to pass her on the right....and she turned right and crashed into him. When asked why she did this, she replied "I was trying to give you notice to go around me on the left." I mean...wow...just wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

So by "passed her on the right" you mean "illegally passed her on the shoulder"?
Old 11-22-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That looks really really familiar. Any idea exactly where this was? It looks like Western New York, just north of the Peace Bridge. Either way, my guess is the guy is in an EZPass lane and didn't have one...so he stopped like an idiot. I just can't imagine how long someone would have to sit there before I'd get pissed off enough to do something that retarded, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess was it was two lanes merging into one that turned into a pissing contest and nobody backed down.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So by "passed her on the right" you mean "illegally passed her on the shoulder"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I suppose - I know the area it happened, there is a breakdown lane of sorts. Is that illegal? I've definitely done it in front of cops before.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My guess was it was two lanes merging into one that turned into a pissing contest and nobody backed down.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how I envisioned it too.

I have no idea where this picture was taken though.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:46 PM

Yes, passing on the right is illegal. From your story, your buddy was at fault, at least in Massachusetts.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, passing on the right is illegal. From your story, your buddy was at fault, at least in Massachusetts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe legally...but a little common sense goes a long way. I mean, who in their right mind thinks that is actually a use for a turn signal?

Anyway, there's got to be gray area in this rule too - at what point does it become okay to proceed? When the other car has completely crossed to the other side of the road, when they are off the road entirely, or what? I'm not being a nit, I really would like to know when it is technically legal to go past someone who is turning left.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe legally...but a little common sense goes a long way. I mean, who in their right mind thinks that is actually a use for a turn signal?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't make the laws, lol. And being from Massachusetts, I don't really know anyone that uses signals for anything. I always felt turn signals were a sign of weakness.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:12 PM

What are these "turn signals" you speak of? My vehicle is quite large, surely others can see it turn.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The cars in that pic don't have MA license plates. MA plates are either green or red. Those look like NY plates.

[/ QUOTE ]

That boy's 'bout as sharp as a bowlin' ball. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]