Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Saw 2 (poss. spoiler)

[ QUOTE ]

SAW 2 WRITER: We'll put all these folks in a house and tell them they are somehow linked and that their lives depend on figuring this link out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, it wasn't even important to figure this out, either.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:52 PM

i don't think there was a way to figure out the safe combination

spoiler:

<font color="white"> if they did figure out the safe combo, then the cop would never have 'made' jigsaw take him to the place and the son wouldn't have been in the safe the whole time...the house was just misdirection and used to tempt the cop to not 'follow the rules'...but jigsaw/protege didn't execute it perfectly, as psycho dude in the house woulda killed the son if the son hadn't killed him first...and the protege had no plan or method of stopping it...she wasn't packing or anything</font>
Old 10-31-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

spoiler:

<font color="white"> if they did figure out the safe combo, then the cop would never have 'made' jigsaw take him to the place and the son wouldn't have been in the safe the whole time...the house was just misdirection and used to tempt the cop to not 'follow the rules'...but jigsaw/protege didn't execute it perfectly, as psycho dude in the house woulda killed the son if the son hadn't killed him first...and the protege had no plan or method of stopping it...she wasn't packing or anything</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

The flaws are almost endless since, as you say, she couldn't protect the son. So why intentionally enrage the people by revealing he is the son. Why even have these people in the house anyway -- what significance did they have if the goal is to "get the cop"? This movie just flat out stunk it up plot-wise, and probably will generate $180M.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Saw 2

I liked this movie. It was suspenseful and got my heart beating despite its lack of believability, anticlimactic moments spoiler: when <font color="white"> the guy cuts off his neck skin then sticks it in his pocket LOL </font>, and general predictability. You just have to be in the right mood to watch something like this.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:43 PM

The worst part about this movie--as is the type with most mystery thrillers--was the audience. I had one of those idiotc girls behind me who just commentates throughout the movie. And ina terrible way. Either it is obvious stuff like "Don't crawl in there!" or "Oh that's blah blah blah" Well no sh*t sherlock, welcome to the movie. I tend to be pretty good about mystery thillers and I hate people that feel the need to incorrectly guess something different every 3 minutes.

Meh. The other thing I hate about this type of movie is the fact that people have a LOT of trouble understanding things about it. Everyone doesn't understand something simple and they want to talk about how stupid the characters are...Blah.

As an example.....: <font color="white"> The razors on the arms glass box contraption. First off, she was seconds from dying and delirious, so clearly logic is out the window but..."I would just stick my hand up in that same hole to push the razors up and get my hands out..she is stupid" Well, actually you wouldnt because there was a glass extension hanging down to about her elbows. It isnt like that cylinder would fit another hand.</font> Ugh. People suck sometimes.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I heard the first one was one of the worst movies ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks - this is useful information.

[/ QUOTE ]

So was that... and this.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As an example.....: <font color="white"> The razors on the arms glass box contraption. First off, she was seconds from dying and delirious, so clearly logic is out the window but..."I would just stick my hand up in that same hole to push the razors up and get my hands out..she is stupid" Well, actually you wouldnt because there was a glass extension hanging down to about her elbows. It isnt like that cylinder would fit another hand.</font> Ugh. People suck sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah thats what i thought at first too. <font color="white">I just thought why didnt they crack the glass open with the bat with nails. Then i saw that it tipped over and spilled. was it set up so you had to have both hands in there to get it out without spilling or was she just stupid? i dont remember.</font>

the other part i didnt like as much about the second one was <font color="white"> in the first saw there was an obvious reason why each of them were in the "game" and what they had to do to survive. saw 2 was more of a free for all.</font>
Old 11-01-2005, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah thats what i thought at first too. <font color="white">I just thought why didnt they crack the glass open with the bat with nails. Then i saw that it tipped over and spilled. was it set up so you had to have both hands in there to get it out without spilling or was she just stupid? i dont remember.</font>

the other part i didnt like as much about the second one was <font color="white"> in the first saw there was an obvious reason why each of them were in the "game" and what they had to do to survive. saw 2 was more of a free for all....</font> ...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-01-2005, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I had it figured out when <font color="white">I saw the first number on the first dead guy</font>.

Here it is:
<font color="white">
"You all possess pieces of the combination in the back of your mind." - The mind = in your head. Back of your head = hairy, so we'll look a little lower - your neck.

That's the key to getting all the numbers. What's the key to the order? "Over the rainbow." Rainbow - notice the fact that all the numbers on the necks were in different colors.

All colors of the rainbow. ROY G BIV. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet.

The order of the numbers are in the order of the colors of the rainbow.

It's perfect. It explains everything. There's no other possible solution. Too bad they didn't confirm this in the movie.</font>