Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Saw 2

What parts are you refering to I was pretty stoned when i saw it.

I more then likely giving the first on more credit for an ending blowing me away.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:35 AM

I for one loved the first one and even own the DVD. My wife and I both had a good time with the first one even though there are parts that just dont add up it was still a fun movie to watch in my opinion.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What parts are you refering to I was pretty stoned when i saw it.

I more then likely giving the first on more credit for an ending blowing me away.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been awhile since I saw it so I don't remember all the holes that well. However, if you were stoned then Ray's "voluntary suspension of disbelief" is much easier.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I heard the first one was one of the worst movies ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks - this is useful information.

[/ QUOTE ]

If my post saved at least one person a small slice of their life and a small part of their wallet, it was worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't see the movie.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:45 AM

I usally can pick off a movies ending in the first 40 mins. Which pisses off my gf.

The first one was a jaw dropper for me.

Although I didnt see the end of the second one comming either but when it did end I was more like WTF, BS.

For any one who saw it.(With out trying to create any spoilers)

What ruined it for me was the scene where some one gets thrown in a hole to find something.

At the end of the movie I was like WTF!

Hope that isnt to vague.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What ruined it for me was the scene where some one gets thrown in a hole to find something.

At the end of the movie I was like WTF!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto - we actually talked about this on the way home. But I mean, it's not like that person knew it was coming, ya know? The whole situation was a dangerous one from the get-go.

Obviously, neither of these movies are the least bit believable. But they are entertaining.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:07 AM

I actually liked it a bit better than the first one. The problem I had with the first movie was the very bad acting and Danny Glover's character.

Well, all of that was solved in this one. The acting was much better (still a tad cheesy) and I thought it was a smarter movie in general. I won't spoil it for anyone as far as the ending goes, but I really hope they don't make anymore sequels.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:11 AM

Can we spoiler the first one a bit? I'm curious as to what holes everyone found in the first movie. I really liked it (the idea itself...the acting was pretty rough). but it's been a while since I've seen it. It also invoked a lot of interesting conversation after we watched it.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:15 AM

I am with you Ray, it was better than I expected. I was expecting a bust like Ring 2 but it still had alittle bit left for the sequel. I agree with the guy that I liked it alot better without Danny Glover, though I am not sure Donny Walberg is much of an upgrade.

I hope you guys got to see that trailer too for that new Eli Roth/Tarrintino movie Hostel. That [censored] looked bad ass.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:15 AM

ok. i might not remember this exactly right because it's been awhile since i saw the movie, but one of the holes as i recall was that the guy didn't try nearly hard enough to reach the gun at whatever point in the movie that was. he just tried to reach it with his hand and it wasn't that far out of reach. if'he'd tried to reach it using something else, even a piece of clothing he could have. he could've just shot the damn chain off.

also, as ray pointed out, the cutting off of the whole foot was just dumb.

i remember watching and coming up with like a half dozen ways they could've gotten out of there. but like ray said a voluntary suspension of belief was really necessary.