Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 05:10 PM

Default 7500 Hands Win Rate

I've played 7500 hands and I only have a net profit of $173.88. I've played .5/1 at Party. How can I find how much my win rate is? I am not sure if for example 3/100BB, if the BB means BB big bets or big blind? I've been three tabling so I can imagine I'm only making somewhere around $3.85 an hour. Sorry for the seemingly newb question, I just haven't really been focusing on my win rate, just learning how to get better but since I have quite a few hands under my belt I would like to see how I am coming out.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: 7500 Hands Win Rate

You made $173.88 over 7500 hands at .5/1.

173.88/75= 2.32BB/100
Old 10-06-2005, 05:20 PM

In limit poker the BB stands for big bets.

You calculate your winrate wy taking the number of big bets you've won and dividing that by the number of hands (or hours or whatever) played. For winrate per 100, by every 100 hands played.

If you've played only .5/1 then the obviously your dollar total= your number of BB won, though this would change when you stepped up to $1/2.

so in your case, right now- 173.88/75 = 2.32BB/100.

If you want a computer programme that will calculate all this for you and perform amny more useful and interesting things that will help you improve your game, I can recommend investin $55 of your winnings in Pokertracker.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:21 PM

Just to point out that at 7500 hands your winrate means nothing. Except how much you won.

It has absolutely no correlation to your skill at poker. Don't think for a second that it does.

Sorry if I burst your bubble, but this bubble needed to be burst.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:25 PM

Yeah I figured that. Actually I am quite pleased, it was higher than I thought. 25K is that an adequate sample size for determining ones win rate?
Old 10-06-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I figured that. Actually I am quite pleased, it was higher than I thought. 25K is that an adequate sample size for determining ones win rate?

[/ QUOTE ]
Why don't you try using the search function?
Old 10-06-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

25k isn't even close. I think winrate is really sort of a meaningless statistic. I've had entire swings, in both directions, that have lasted 10-15k hands. All of us have.

I would be confident the figure was close if I knew my winrate after about 1,000,000 hands.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:44 PM

I believe the figure is 150k-200k. I don't actually know however, becasue I don't actually care.

In one of my recent posts in this forum, I've stated that my LHE career (serious play, I should add) consists of 100k hands. And that's not all the same limit, structure, site...

But I am quite certian that I am a winning LHE player. I don't need winrates to tell me so.

Get active in this forum by responding to threads with your hand advice, and you'll not need winrates, either.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe the figure is 150k-200k. I don't actually know however, becasue I don't actually care.

In one of my recent posts in this forum, I've stated that my LHE career (serious play, I should add) consists of 100k hands. And that's not all the same limit, structure, site...

But I am quite certian that I am a winning LHE player. I don't need winrates to tell me so.

Get active in this forum by responding to threads with your hand advice, and you'll not need winrates, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good posts, Grunch, but you forgot to add:

"STFU, noob!"

"Pwned"

and

"LOL! Newb! LOL!"

I don't know, maybe it's a generation gap thing...
Old 10-06-2005, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good posts, Grunch, but you forgot to add:

"STFU, noob!"

"Pwned"

and

"LOL! Newb! LOL!"

I don't know, maybe it's a generation gap thing...

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, I got it covered.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]