Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2003, 02:20 PM

Default Re: The big Con

Good to see that you are still chewing on that crayon.....

I would love to tangle with you now as I do enjoy your wit. But alas, no time for the next couple of days.

Of course, I could not hold back a few comments towards you as you provide such a target rich environment:

1) You still need to go to dictionary.com or some equivalent and look up the word lie. Grand generalizations about conservative ideas are simply not lies. So far, you have provided only 2 examples of potential lies: 1) Aircraft carrier - a minor lie that I agreed with you and in fact had mentioned before you even brought it up and 2) Bush Speech about Uranium - while it might be a lie, and a whopper at that, it is still very much in dispute and you provided none of the backup I requested to prove your point.

the first big lie that actually came into my mind was the perennial and blatant conservative lie about liberals being less patriotic than conservatives

This is clearly an opinion. Please tell me sir, how is this a lie?

2) I personally don't think liberals are less patriotic that Republicans. I don't think it is a liberal or conservative thing. What the heck does patriotic mean anyway?

I certainly don't think people disagreeing with the war, the direction of the country, etc. is unpatriotic (for lack of a better word). Heck, one could consider such actions extremely patriotic as they are trying to shape and better this country. To me, we might disagree greatly on the course we should take, but it is all about bettering the country and moving the ball forward. Under that vein, I have zero problems with those who believe in communism or some other form of government if they truly share the same end goal.

That being said, I do think there is a group out there (the Algers of the world) that has nothing but utter contempt for their country and they would like to see it fail. I think this group secretly likes seeing terrrorists kill U.S. soldiers and they like seeing the U.S. "get its due". These people have no desire to advance U.S. interests and they simply dispise where they live. To those people I would say - "well, it you don't like it hear. Go somewhere else." Common sense to me. If you don't want to help and dont like us, we don't want you (although we will tolerate you) and you obviously don't want us. Why stay?

btw - again, I am not a conservative or a Bush supporter. Closest would probably be libertarian.