Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2004, 09:28 PM

Default 30-60 canterbury...gettin frisky

Was playing today just like any other day. Pretty tough game actualy pretty unusual. But somethin different was happening today. The deck was hitting me in the face. I was up about 3000 in an hour and a half when the following hand came along. I get AhKd in my bb. UTG who is a normal loose contributor to the game raises utg. Usualy this raise means ak aq or a pair. The button a pretty loose aggressive bad player 3 bets. This could mean anything from J-10 suited to normal 3 betting hands. I just call. Flop comes 9-6-3 with 2 hearts. I check utg checks and the button bets. We both call. Turn pairs the 3. Check, Check, button bets and I raise. Utg thinks, and calls. Whoops. Button looks like he wants to 3 bet, and then disgutinly calls. I rarely make this kind of play as I dont think I need to in the game I play in. The button respects my play but would never lay down an overpair. Whatcha guys think?
Old 04-12-2004, 10:48 PM

Default Re: 30-60 canterbury...gettin frisky

[ QUOTE ]
The button would never lay down an overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

nuff said?
Old 04-12-2004, 11:09 PM

Well as I said as I was describing the button he could have anything here. Including hands like K10 qj etc that he would lay down now and ak and aq that he would call me down with. My point was I believed only one guy in this hand had a pair and that was UTG and he didnt neccisarily have to have a pair either
Old 04-12-2004, 11:37 PM

a bit confused, first you say that the game was tougher than usual, and then your combative approach to that type of game is to overplay no pair versus two preflop raisers with a board that has to look as harmless as is humanly possible?... and you were up 3 dimes in the game in an hour?... It seems to me you were trying with all you had to find a way to win the hand, which can be good, unfortunately, this time I think you may be pushing a little too hard asking for one guy to lay down his pair and another to not have a pair, seems like a lot to ask for... furthermore you are going to have to invest 120 dollars into a pot that has 440 in it currently... sure seems like the frequency of the situation working out perfectly for you, as it needs to, is less than the 27% the pot is giving you... I understand as well as anyone how to play a rush, but if you're going to play like that you may as well dark bet the turn for effect, lol...
Merely an opinion of an overaggressiveazzhole...good luck to all unless I'm on your left
Old 04-13-2004, 05:27 AM

hi worm
there's a built -in type problem that you can't do anything about really, but it's just interesting to note that pre-flop, your call rather than 4 bet from the BB indicates something other than AA, KK or QQ. this is because the button is 3 betting. but eh worm, there's nothing you can really do about. i think you must call pre-flop, and chip worm, i love the post flop. played brilliantly. check-call and check-raise the turn weak button. it's just that can you feel the less than stellar environment you're in here?

worm i'll tell you. this post has me stumped. i just don't know. i would like to be there and see what transpired prior to your check-raise. in this situation, you need a little more than you're indicating to make the check-raise, but worm i think you know this, and i think you felt that you were leading. they can fool you sometimes. if you don't improve or don't pick up a stronger than usual indication that you're leading, fold the river. you went for the win when the getting was good, on the turn. and you did it perfectly. if they call through all that worm, you're beat.