Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 08:51 AM

Default Caesar\'s Indiana 40+15 w/ rebuys today

Going to said tournament today. Will make a full report when I return. If anyone is playing in this today, say hi. Big guy wearing a black Superman tee with long sleeve black shirt under.

Tom
Old 11-14-2005, 09:31 AM

Default Re: Caesar\'s Indiana 40+15 w/ rebuys today

Good Luck
Old 11-14-2005, 11:23 AM

Good luck bromad. Looking forward to the report too.
I'm gonna hit one of their Monday NL tourneys before the
year is out.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:38 PM

40+15? That is absurd. 37.5% juice?!?
Old 11-14-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
40+15? That is absurd. 37.5% juice?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if nobody rebuys.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:22 AM

ok, here is the report.

Arrived at Caesar's IN at about 10:50. Had the COnnection Center call down and make sure that there were still spots open and then headed down to the room.

They were taking regs at both desks, both the main one and another one in the rear of the room near the bathrooms. I hopped in line at the main desk and waited, reg was very slow and the woman at the desk told us to have our " stuff " ready but declined to inform us what " stuff " she was referring to. It turns out she wanted our connection card. I had mine with me but she decided to yell at the other people in line about the card and to go get one if you don't have one.

Hint #1: Before you scream at your patrons about what they need to register, you should probably inform them of what they need first.

I get registered and they send me to the cage to pay and pick up my seat card. The cards are all printed by a computer, which is better than the old badly laminated seat cards I have seen in other tournaments.

I play a bit of video poker to waste some time as the tourney was supposed to start at 11 Am but started at more like 11:30 or 11:40.

Tourney gets under way with about 10 or 11 tables, some 11 handed. The blind started at 15/30 and starting stcks were 800 T. I thought it was a bit low, but that is the structure and so be it.

Play was typically horrible, and I saw many many rebuys. An older man to my immediate right, rebought at least 5 times. He played every hand and was not very good. His story was typical. I had very little respect for most of my table.

I played fairly tightly and I thought pretty well, I had T 1200 at the first break at which time we had lost about 25 of the players ( 79 left ).

I proceeded to go card dead after the break and was eliminated after my 78d went all in on a adjd8c board and the big stack called me with kdTd.

I lasted a bit past the halfway point. The play after the break did not impress me either, but then again I was going home early.

Also, one of the dealers shorted me change. I through in a T 100 chip for an T 80 blind and never got my 4 red back. After the action I informed him that I never received change and he said I did, but I counted down and was short T 100 and not T 80.

All in all I enjoyed the tourney and only spent $95 ( initial fee plus add on at the break ). I also feel that this tourney is very winnable for the likes of us, however I personally need to be a bit more disciplined ( especially when deciding what hands to use in what positions )

I also feel that Caesar's is BY FAR the best room in the area, and is my room of choice.

Aftermath: Bought into a 1/2 NL game with $100 and was destroyed when I flopped the nut straight and a youngish pro ( huh? ) when the board paired and he hit a 2 outer on the river to make aboat. I will either stay away from NL in the future or bring more money, I haven't decided which yet.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2005, 10:24 AM

Do they have these tourneys regularly? I live in Louisville and I was at Caesar's on Sunday, but I didn't notice any advertisement for a tournament.

The new poker room is nice. I enjoyed playing there, especially since they changed it to non-smoking. The WSOP event was cool too.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:27 AM

Monday morning, Wednesday evening and a Saturday tourney also.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:48 PM

Has anybody played the saturday tournament? Any info on structure/stacks?
Old 11-16-2005, 07:53 PM

Call them or check their website. I rarely play tourneys so I don't pay much attention to the buy ins or structure.