Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 02:40 AM

Default Re: Worst TV plays ever

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Murphy pushing into Arieh's rivered K high flush

Tuan Le... everything he does

Hoyt Corkins' hand against Cassidy in the USPC with the A and trip jacks

[/ QUOTE ]

Really agree with the Murphy play. He was in such a good position until he just got lazy. It really seemed that he was satisfied to win the 200K (not that I wouldn't be) and took a very unnecessary risk. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think john murphy's play here was amazing. especially anything from getting lazy. he put josh on top pair/flush draw and when the river hit pairing the highest card on the board and completing a flush draw was absolutely perfect for him. he took the shot of betting it instead of check-raising all in. it was a very advanced move and josh arieh made a great laydown. one of my favorite hands of last years main event.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please explain how Daniel could hold a 6 after the preflop cold call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea he never calls a raise w/ a mediocre hand.

<heavy sarcasm>

[/ QUOTE ]

Not after a push by the small stack and a coldcall by the button for 20% of his stack he doesn't.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Murphy pushing into Arieh's rivered K high flush

Tuan Le... everything he does

Hoyt Corkins' hand against Cassidy in the USPC with the A and trip jacks

[/ QUOTE ]

Really agree with the Murphy play. He was in such a good position until he just got lazy. It really seemed that he was satisfied to win the 200K (not that I wouldn't be) and took a very unnecessary risk. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think john murphy's play here was amazing. especially anything from getting lazy. he put josh on top pair/flush draw and when the river hit pairing the highest card on the board and completing a flush draw was absolutely perfect for him. he took the shot of betting it instead of check-raising all in. it was a very advanced move and josh arieh made a great laydown. one of my favorite hands of last years main event.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 things:

1) Your avatar is wicked awesome.

2) I agree on Murphy. To say that he was getting lazy (?) is ridiculous. He put Josh on a very strong drawing hand which hit and thought he could get maximum value by going all-in. Let's say Arieh calls that 75% of the time when he pushes, Murphy will get much more value out of that then check-raising. It was a great fold by Josh, as 95% of the players out there call.

Brad