Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2004, 05:00 PM

Default Use of PokerTracker

Hi,

I recently started using PokerTracker. I'm trying to figure out an easy way to do this:

I'd like to see what a particular opponent thinks of my play. While the entire database of hands I play (once it gets large enough) will trend towards the *true* way that I play, any particular opponent will only see a small subset of those hands. Due to variance, some opponents might think I'm a moron (well, okay, most opponents probably think that), while some might make for me a rock. I figure that PokerTracker should be able to generate what my stats look like to a particular opponent, based on the hands he's seen me play.

- Does anyone use Pokertracker in this way?
- Is it worthwhile to try?
- Is it easy enough to do that I could do this realtime?

I know that there are more important things to worry about in improving my game, but I'm still curious about this.

Thanks,
PP
Old 08-11-2004, 04:01 AM

Default Re: Use of PokerTracker

just set the number of hands, date or what ever in preferences and that is the way the ppl at the specific table see you.. there are other settings that might help too... use filters and so forth..
Old 08-11-2004, 05:18 AM

Default Re: Use of PokerTracker

Just set the user to be the person who's perspective you want to look from and then find your own stats on 'his' summary page.

It should be fairly straightforward to do, but I doubt it will be particularly useful. I would expect that your VPIP% figure and PFR% would converge pretty quickly to something approaching your long-term figure. Unless your opponent also uses PT these are probably the only factors he's likely to have picked up on from observation (i.e. how tight are you, how aggressive are you).

There's also a chance it will give you information which leads you to misplay a hand. For example, you might try to bluff at an opponent who you think perceives you to be a rock as you've only play 5% of your hands against him. However, if he's a bad player, the chances are he's completely unaware of this fact and is making his decisions on his cards only.

Personally, at the lower limit games, I think you're much better off making your decisions on what you think of your opponents, not on how you think they see you.

Sheriff