Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 06:35 AM

Default Re: Aggressive with 88 from EP

[ QUOTE ]
Implicit question: Does anyone have any opinions about the way I played this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably would bet out on the flop to see in the unlikely event my opponent folding. If raised on this flop, we probably know that we're behind a big PP. Depending how aggressive your opponent is he may be on two overcards + possible BDFD or straight draw in an attempt for a freecard play. I would think that this is less likely to happen. In either event, check/raising would ensure you get either 2 or 3 bets to see the turn...betting out and calling a raise ensures you see only 1 or 2 bets; most likely 1 bet on this board. 2 bets would help give you more of a read. A check-raise would simply force your opponent to at least call giving the impression that you flopped the straight or have a set. In this case he'll probably just call you down if he improves or already has a big pair in the hole.

I'd bet out on the turn, if I thought my opponent would either muck or call. If you think he'd raise you on the turn w/ AK or something then check/calling is better. Not betting out seems weak to me though. If he raises the turn, it would definitely be easy to throw your hand away on the river UI.

If your opponent calls the turn you're definitely behind so check/folding is best.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:44 AM

You're making a play at the pot which is okay against the right opponent(IE, he has to be able to fold KK). You know on the turn you are behind 100% no question. I also want to note that if this players range includes AQo here then I like it less (too many combos you can be behind). What I don't like is your plan to check the river. You either commit to this line or you go for your draw and see the river as cheaply as possible. I want to emphasize that this player MUST be able to laydown TT-KK. Without that read this play is of course spewing.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're making a play at the pot which is okay against the right opponent(IE, he has to be able to fold KK). You know on the turn you are behind 100% no question. I also want to note that if this players range includes AQo here then I like it less (too many combos you can be behind). What I don't like is your plan to check the river. You either commit to this line or you go for your draw and see the river as cheaply as possible. I want to emphasize that this player MUST be able to laydown TT-KK. Without that read this play is of course spewing.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one folds KK here, ever. Maybe some old men over 80yo playing live fold, but no one else.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No one folds KK here, ever. Maybe some old men over 80yo playing live fold, but no one else.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong. I get people to fold their premium PP's enough to make this play worth it. Again you need the right image and the right opponent. This isn't a 2/4 hand where TT calls all capped streets on a AKXXX board. If it is then we don't do it. If we get caught thats fine too. I'll use it to my advantage on future hands.