Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2003, 04:07 PM

Default What\'s my problem?

I play in a $1-$2 home game once a week, usually with some different players. The other players are real fish. Over the past year I have only had a losing night maybe 2 or 3 times. But the past two weeks I have started out winning more than average but ended up losing. My play is much more aggresive than the others at the table. I haven't been playing cards long and was wondering if there might be a common mistake that i may be making. has anyone else had this problem? Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 04-29-2003, 04:45 PM

Default Re: What\'s my problem?

Good players lose sometimes, or there would be no game. The only information of any analytical value you have provided is:

My play is much more aggresive than the others at the table.

so perhaps you feel you are bluffing too much. Please post some hands and give us some further information. As you surely know, this hold'em stuff ain't as easy as it seems and there is a myriad of possibilites that might explain your recent misfortunate run.

One possibilty I might suggest (and this is not meant to be pendantic) is that while you may be a good player, you indicated you are new to the game. It is possible there is much more you can learn about the game. It's amazing how much room for growth most of us have (I know there is much more I can learn). Post some specific hands or common situations you face, you may be suprised by what some have to offer. Good luck!
Old 04-29-2003, 06:35 PM

JR, I couldn't have said it any better....if you give the forum some specific situations/examples, I think that you might find the insight that you are looking for.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:38 PM

Sometimes you run bad. It happens. Buy Tommy Angelo's CD, and play it on the way home.