Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: What Tiffany Willaimson did right

I have never read a bad post by you, until now. I will never believe she's anything but horrible. Horribly horrible. Total fish.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:23 PM

the AJ call was awful. Was another $1.1 million chips I believe.
She even said, there was a raise, a reraise and a 3rd raise. yeah...AJ can't be ahead, and actually has to be behind. Raymer isn't pushing with TT.

I think we now have a new winner for worst played AJ, passing Shipley's play vs Varkonyi a few years back.
At least Shipley then stated "I have nothing"
Old 11-03-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the pros aren't trying to bully someone calling allin with A7 (for the love of god) or AJ after it went raise, reraise, reraise. No Pro is bullying this person. If they are trying to run her over they are running her over with the best hand by a large margin (no pro regardless of what Paul Phillips say is looking to go 55/45 coinflips with pocket 4's against her, at this stage and her stacks).

So I don't consider it trying to run over someone with the significantly better hand.

What she did right? About 400,000 things she did right.

[/ QUOTE ]

NL FOOL Did you fail reading comprehension? Try re-reading my post. I said early on like Day 1 and 2 some pros and other players tried to bully her thinking she would be weak tight leading to her gaining a stack, not the televised session. There was a lot of Cardplayer reports with Juanda and other pros trying to bluff her not realising she would go to the felt with marginal hands like KJ. She was a calling station running hot. By Day 3 the pros had figured this out and were no longer trying to run her over but instead lure her to call with a marginal hodings when they were holding a premium hand because they knew she couldn't lay down AJ. Many succeeded at doing exactly this but she sucked out on them.

Why do you think she thought the pro's at the final table where trying to bluff her? Because guys like Juanda had tried to do so earlier.

The pros changed gears on her at the televised table while she still thought they were trying to bluff her thus resulting in alot of terrible calls by Tiffany. They knew that if they went all in with KK that she would actually call with marginal holdings as she didn't want to play post flop. So they would extremley overbet preflop all in with hands like KK and AA to get her to call with something like AJ because they knew she was a calling station. They weren't trying to bully her by the TV Aired feature table, they were attempting to take advantage of her calling station tendencies.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:39 PM

On behalf of attorneys everywhere, I want to apologize for the damage that Williamson has done to our profession's reputation for intelligence.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On behalf of attorneys everywhere, I want to apologize for the damage that Williamson has done to our profession's reputation for intelligence.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this comment does a lot more damage to your profession's reputation for intelligence than her example. Not that your profession's reputation for intelligence is all that good to begin with.

Gary
Old 11-03-2005, 03:48 PM

What did Tiffany do right?

She won a 10 pound tournament in London which got her to the Rio where she won a satellite to get in and beat 99.7% of the field.

So she's not a skilled player and everyone's ripping on her. Big deal.

I think she showed good temperment at the table and her stalling tactics bugged the crap out of everyone at the table. Good for her. Anything you can do to get someone tilted towards you is good in my book.

She realized she was living the dream that all of us have and took it in and enjoyed it. As everyone tears their hair out, or what's left of it, watching her will pull more fish into the game and next year's WSOP. It's all good.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never read a bad post by you, until now. I will never believe she's anything but horrible. Horribly horrible. Total fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what?

Why are people so hostile about this?
Old 11-03-2005, 03:53 PM

Without question she was 100% stalling as a tactic to move higher up in the money.

Since this was a once in a lifetime cash for her I can't really judge someone trying to get the most money out of the situation, however she should be honest and admit this.

LIke when she asks Raymer for a count and he tells her and then she asks the dealer for a count, I'm 100% with Shiek on calling the clock on her. She just wanted to maximize the amount of time she had to act.

I think its like some other poster said, its similar to the spelling bee finals where they ask all those stupid questions to get extra time to think

"Can I get a count? Name? Country of Origin? etc."
Old 11-03-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Without question she was 100% stalling as a tactic to move higher up in the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is definitely doubt here. Watching her on ESPN, it seemed she was genuinely having a hard time making her decisions.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the pros aren't trying to bully someone calling allin with A7 (for the love of god) or AJ after it went raise, reraise, reraise. No Pro is bullying this person. If they are trying to run her over they are running her over with the best hand by a large margin (no pro regardless of what Paul Phillips say is looking to go 55/45 coinflips with pocket 4's against her, at this stage and her stacks).

So I don't consider it trying to run over someone with the significantly better hand.

What she did right? About 400,000 things she did right.

[/ QUOTE ]

NL FOOL Did you fail reading comprehension? Try re-reading my post. I said early on like Day 1 and 2 some pros and other players tried to bully her thinking she would be weak tight leading to her gaining a stack, not the televised session. There was a lot of Cardplayer reports with Juanda and other pros trying to bluff her not realising she would go to the felt with marginal hands like KJ. She was a calling station running hot. By Day 3 the pros had figured this out and were no longer trying to run her over but instead lure her to call with a marginal hodings when they were holding a premium hand because they knew she couldn't lay down AJ. Many succeeded at doing exactly this but she sucked out on them.

Why do you think she thought the pro's at the final table where trying to bluff her? Because guys like Juanda had tried to do so earlier.

The pros changed gears on her at the televised table while she still thought they were trying to bluff her thus resulting in alot of terrible calls by Tiffany. They knew that if they went all in with KK that she would actually call with marginal holdings as she didn't want to play post flop. So they would extremley overbet preflop all in with hands like KK and AA to get her to call with something like AJ because they knew she was a calling station. They weren't trying to bully her by the TV Aired feature table, they were attempting to take advantage of her calling station tendencies.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is interesting, and explains the overbet pushes with big hands and why she thought they were bluffing.

Brunson has a story in <u>Super System</u> about some calling station who finished high in an early WSOP where he was literally the worst player in the tournament. All these top pros tried to run him off hands, and it was like they were giving him a donation.