Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 08:06 PM

Default Re: ANSWERS

Hand 1... what do you think about checking then planning to raise... this would scream a king to everyone and could maybe get more hands to fold. If he checks then you see the river for free drawing to a flush. Probably bluffing the river but you still have outs for the flush.

Hand 3...
the guy still in the pot limped in ahead of you he didn't cold call. Limping in EP smells like a pocket pair, DEFINITELY NOT A9, A7, A3 or this player is not as solid as you say. So the two hands your afraid of are 99 and 77, I think 33 folds here (most solid players fold this baby pair here). I think its mandatory you have to call down especially since people like to bluff an ace as a scare card OR he hit an ace and thinks your on KK,QQ,JJ,TT and is in the lead. This may even be a reraise here if against the right oppoenent in my opinion, but i prob just ball up and just call down.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a Ciaffone quiz. I think it's a pretty decent fold since only one person has been able to give me a hand that calls preflop, calls the flop, then check-raises the turn AND is behind right now. Every other hand people are coming up with for villain to magically have is either absurd (A8) or a complete impossibility (KK)

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Here are some hands to ponder... any pocket pair under JJ that didn't flop a set, ATs, AJo, AQo. All these hands could reasonable play their hands this way and C/R this turn in hopes you fold KK, QQ, JJ. I love Ciaffone but the boy has played in too many mid-high Vegas games and hasn't seen the kind of crap villians on the interent run out there with enough regularity that his advice can be quite weak tight for online games.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:08 PM

i really dont like folding in hand 3, against a very passive opponent, i would consider it, but i think you are ahead here more often than you think and folding too often in this spot at 10/20 is a good way to get run over
Old 10-26-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no offense, but folding in hand 3 is the worst thing ive ever seen

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-26-2005, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no offense, but folding in hand 3 is the worst thing ive ever seen

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]