Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 12:51 AM

Default Re: How\'s Your Turn Play?

::answers done without looking, then reviewed the answers in the thread, and I am still confident of my original answers without modifications::

1. bet this. We are heads up, we are the aggressor, there's decent fold equity here, plus outs. The small pot
helps us in this situation, as the TAG won't chase weird things. Bet/call a raise, re-evaluate the river

2. check/check here. We might have the best hand, so we can't let it go, so we want to show down cheaply.
I don't like betting here because I would hate to get raised here, as it almost certainly means we are beat, and a
TAG might try to get us to lay down a mid-high diamond with a raise here.

3. re-raise here. If we are assuming a tag, there's no hand that he limps from UTG that we are behind here.
MAYBE A9s, but that's somewhat of a stretch for a proper tag. I'd expect him to have AT or AJ here.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:05 AM

1/ Bets, you bet the flop for value, not to protect since you need the flush to win the pot. to others your bet looks like TP, which now become trips on the turn.
2/ Check, it's not unlikely that villian made a better flush and is now trying to check raise you. Better to let him bet the river and call down.
3/ Call down, villian could easily have a worse ace even though a two pair isn't unlikely (A7s..) you still have to call down.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:17 AM

Default Re: ANSWERS

[ QUOTE ]
ok well he's calling or raising the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yo, that's what I said like 2 nights ago - he's raising any pair and he's never folding unless he made a super loose flop call. I don't see leading that turn unless you have the cajones to semi-bluff 3-bet and if you're going to do that you might as well C/R.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In this hand, narrowing villain down to A9s, A7s, A3s, 99, 77, and 33 reduces our equity to 4.72%, well below what is required to see the river. Even if we add any Ace-King to his holdings, since we're drawing to a chop we don't have odds to see the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you add in JTs which would have had a gutshot, two overs and a BDF (more then enough to call the ragged flop) this raises our equity to 25%. This is enough to call, yes?

Edit to add: [ QUOTE ]
Assume all villains are strong TAGs whose only mistake is maybe slipping in a hand too many preflop

[/ QUOTE ] Would JTs be such a hand?
Old 10-27-2005, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cross post: folding AK on that turn is the worst thing ever. i mean seriously. i'd 3bet way way way before i'd fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:37 PM

Grunching...

Hand 1: Without reads I bet. A King will often raise the flop, and we're heads-up. Against some villains, if called on the turn I will bet any river except maybe if I catch a pair.

Hand 2: So either we're drawing dead, or he's drawing dead, or he has some boat outs. There are no logical draws he can have to call with right now other than a set/two pair, and those hands may have shown more aggression on the flop. I really don't like betting and having to wonder if a set just check-raised me, and if he's drawing dead I don't want him to fold. Checking here will lose at most one more bet if behind (I'm calling a river bet) and might induce a bluff/call from weak hand if we're ahead (I'm betting the river if he checks a second time).

Hand 3: Looks like an A, a slowplay, or aces up. I call down but I tend to shut down too much in these situations, now to read other replies.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:44 PM

I actually finished going through this section of MLH last night... "The turn raise" which had the third hand in it. I'm wondering if that chapter is applicable to online play at all - he keeps talking about how people aren't going to be semi-bluff raising or raising for a free showdown at 10-20 or 20/40 but it happens all the time online at 3/6 and 5/10.