Default Re: How\'s Your Turn Play?

[ QUOTE ]
Hand two, I think that the clarkmeister therom would apply here

[/ QUOTE ]

argh someone please link me to clarkmeister theorum already

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2005, 11:35 PM

Not quite, dude. You're not OOP, and the flush didn't hit on the river.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2. Bets. As last money in. Fold Equity is high HU.
3. Raise. Good UTG players at 10/20 don't limp with A9, A7, A3. I'd say pair+FD. If capped, I call down mildly afraid of 77,33.

[/ QUOTE ]

(i grunched too =P)

hand 2, your WA/WB... why do you want fold equity??? chances are VERY high that your relative hand values arent changing on the river.

hand 3, which pair+fd do you put him on? a 9 from a TAG that chose not to bet the flop? or a suited 7 limping in from EP without the A? (As on board)

Edit: Actually looking back i think there can be made very strong arguments for 3bet, call or fold in hand 3.... i guess calling is the cheapest mistake (argh fish logic)

a decent tag could easily be checkraising with AJ/AQ seeing you on an overpair to the flop/underpair to the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Please refer to my edits. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Hand 2. How low does our diamond have to be before we are betting this turn, if at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha no fair....

i dont think i ever bet this turn with a diamond, mainly for deception in making him think you dont have the flush and avoiding a checkraise giving you a tough decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

If checked to on the river, do you bet?
Old 10-25-2005, 11:37 PM

yeah thats what i thought before reading that one....

i thought it basically said:

when 4 to a flush (with one coming on 5th street) on the board and first to act HU on river, bet.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not quite, dude. You're not OOP, and the flush didn't hit on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

oops, actually I like the check to induce a bluff line better anyway
Old 10-25-2005, 11:40 PM

I bet if checked to, and hope he calls trying to snap off a bluff.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2. Bets. As last money in. Fold Equity is high HU.
3. Raise. Good UTG players at 10/20 don't limp with A9, A7, A3. I'd say pair+FD. If capped, I call down mildly afraid of 77,33.

[/ QUOTE ]

(i grunched too =P)

hand 2, your WA/WB... why do you want fold equity??? chances are VERY high that your relative hand values arent changing on the river.

hand 3, which pair+fd do you put him on? a 9 from a TAG that chose not to bet the flop? or a suited 7 limping in from EP without the A? (As on board)

Edit: Actually looking back i think there can be made very strong arguments for 3bet, call or fold in hand 3.... i guess calling is the cheapest mistake (argh fish logic)

a decent tag could easily be checkraising with AJ/AQ seeing you on an overpair to the flop/underpair to the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Please refer to my edits. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Hand 2. How low does our diamond have to be before we are betting this turn, if at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha no fair....

i dont think i ever bet this turn with a diamond, mainly for deception in making him think you dont have the flush and avoiding a checkraise giving you a tough decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

If checked to on the river, do you bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, thats the idea of the play.
checking behind on the turn means he is more likely to call the river without a diamond as you have convinced him you dont have one.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:45 PM

Hand 1: I check-call here, unless you intend to follow through with a bet on the river regardless of what falls. I think you get called every time with a hand that you're pretty far behind (a low-ish pocket pair, a bigger flush draw, very occasionally a passive K). I don't see any strong player calling the flop without a made hand or a strong draw, particularly after limping UTG+1. Pot size is also a major consideration here.

Hand 2: Easy check. Any non-diamond hand given the flop action is drawing dead and most likely folding to a raise, and getting check-raised here is a big consideration.

Hand 3: Given the uncoordinated nature of the board and the flop call, I think you often see a slow-played set or two pair here. Calling down might be okay against a total unknown, but folding the river UI is also a good option. I don't see a strong player often peeling with weak overcards on the flop given the PFR, and I can't see AQ or AJ not raising first in. There's also the possibility of a CR-bluff but that's read dependent.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:49 PM

If you're folding the river UI, you should really be folding the turn. You're not getting near proper odds to draw to a 3 outer.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're folding the river UI, you should really be folding the turn. You're not getting near proper odds to draw to a 3 outer.

[/ QUOTE ]

hidden outs get no consideration here? just wondering....