Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Get to showdown more? Prove it.

[ QUOTE ]
1)
If your default play in hands like the first one is to call if someone bets into you, u got a problem that got nothing to do with WTSD. If it is a rock, u raise and take a free card, if it isnt u raise and bet turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, your default play is to raise here no matter what?

[ QUOTE ]

2)
All the hands u give example of are without any reads on your opponents. Do u have reads but dont give us them? U will never survive long at a higher limit without good reads that u act on. (Everyone got reads theses days with playerview and such, but how to act on them is a different thing)

[/ QUOTE ]

I have marginal reads, but I don't present them unless they helped color my decision. In these situations, I didn't have enough of a read to help me out.

Also, I'm not too worried about the higher limits yet. I just want to beat 3/6 and 5/10, which is proving to be challenge enough for now.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:05 PM

Yes, a drawish flop and someone bets into you and u are sitting with a good draw. Raise him. Sometimes bet turn, sometimes take free card. If he 3bets flop, think about capping and then check turn behind. I would think capping flop with a draw is a strong move at 3/6 cause not to many does it so they will put u on a good hand?

I think having read on your opponents and acting on this is the single most important thing that differ the decent from the good. Not saying u got a problem with this, but I know there are lot who does. If anyone got a problem with this, it is a much bigger problem then not raising the blinds enough etc.

I won 3BB/100 at 5/10 4tabling without defending my blinds enough (200K) and without seeing more then VPIP 22%. I guess a lost a little, but still, I defended played ok hands, its only the marginal EV+ hands I didnt come in with.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:51 PM

This is just a thought. Calling down is one way to raise your WTSD%. What about inducing bluffs? My WTSD% is higher than and my aggression factors on all streets are lower compared to all stat posts in this forum. Coaxing turn and/or river bets from players who wouldn't have called one bet is an important skill. Certainly my WTSD% is higher than yours because I call down more but it's also because I'm inducing more bets from weak hands on the turn and river instead of allowing them to make an easy fold.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is just a thought. Calling down is one way to raise your WTSD%. What about inducing bluffs? My WTSD% is higher than and my aggression factors on all streets are lower compared to all stat posts in this forum. Coaxing turn and/or river bets from players who wouldn't have called one bet is an important skill. Certainly my WTSD% is higher than yours because I call down more but it's also because I'm inducing more bets from weak hands on the turn and river instead of allowing them to make an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a possibility.

My aggression is like 3.2, 2.7, 1.85, which seems pretty normal around here, though.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a possibility.

My aggression is like 3.2, 2.7, 1.85, which seems pretty normal around here, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're probably still above the norm though. Admittedly, I'm a 30/20 type and I get caught postflop with a lot of weak holdings where I can't find value in betting or raising, but calls or check/calls are warranted.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:50 AM

just curious, but what was your won$WSF during both your curren bad run and from your stats from 1/2 and 2/4? my went to SD hovers around 35/36 and my W$SD is usually around 52%.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just curious, but what was your won$WSF during both your curren bad run and from your stats from 1/2 and 2/4? my went to SD hovers around 35/36 and my W$SD is usually around 52%.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just from memory, so it may be off a bit.

This month, I'm like -0.8 bb/100, and my WWSF is huge, like 44.

And I seem to recall it was always lower... like 35ish... when I was doing well at the lower limits.

Counterintuitive, eh?

I'll look up the real numbers at lunch.