Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 07:39 AM

Default Re: Ever busted out or crippled a pro?

[ QUOTE ]
A story about busting out cripples would be more interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tommy Vu was in a wheelchair at the time with a broken leg or something!
Old 10-26-2005, 08:47 AM

I once hit Tuan Lee with a tire iron.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I once hit Tuan Lee with a tire iron.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 10-26-2005, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A story about busting out cripples would be more interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

On a WSOP ME episode last night I saw a guy who played with his feet because a motorcycle accident left both his arms dangly and useless.

The wierd thing is he thinks this is his destiny and he is proud of it. Ok, great you can pick up cards and gold putters with your toes. But maybe you should have driven your chopper a little more safely...

Anyway, it would be kind of depressin to bust a guy like that. It's not like you can write a great story about busting some handicapped guy.

Oh wait, the post is about crippling someones chip stack, not cripples. My bad. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 12:44 PM

In my first sorta-big tournament - the $500 Sport of Kings event at Hollywood Par - I knocked out Men"The Master" Ngyen (or however you spell it).

This was only a few months after I began plaaying and I ha no idea who he was. To me, he just was this goofy little guy with a long-ass hiar growing out of this mole on his face, and he had pajama-style pants on that said "MEN THE MASTER" down both sides.

Anyway...I had 74os in the SB....it was early...five limpers...I complete, BB completes....I flop 774. Checked around. Men bets the King on the turn. Everyone folds. I call. A blank on the river. Men bets the river. I raise. He immediately moves all-in. I shrug and call. He turns over poket 44s.

He stares at me with hatred for about 30 seconds. Gets up and mutters.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 01:11 PM

Busted Huck Seed in a WPT event 2 years ago. Antonio Esfandiari who was at the table said after Huck left that he's never seen him so visibly shaken after a beat which was a little unusual as it was "only" a 4 outer on the River to beat him(he flopped a flush and I flopped 2 pair).
Old 10-26-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Men bets the King on the turn. Everyone folds. I call. A blank on the river. Men bets the river. I raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should have bet this river. He could have been betting a king, and your smooth call on this board is going to freak him out.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:13 PM

Borgata $300 super-satellite into the WPT event and Sam Grizzle is moved to my right maybe about 3 hours in. Unfortunately I don't recall the details of the hand I busted him on, so this isn't much of a story (other than a "pro" was playing in a $300 super and lost to a guy like me - oh and he had BO).
Old 10-26-2005, 03:14 PM

There's some great stories here y'all, but I need you to PM me so we can talk over e-mail if you want to be included in the article series. I'd like you to go a little more in depth (what kind of tournament it was and anything else you can remember about the state of the game at the time). I'll have a short list of questions. Also, the article will name you and point out anything as far as poker accomplishments that you want me to cover. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 03:39 PM

I once broke some pro figure skater's leg with a lead pipe. You know, the one that had it coming.