Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Do I go to war?

can i ask a new question: everyone has skipped the flop bet.

could someone answer me why we would even bet that?
Old 08-22-2005, 10:47 AM

*please critique at will*

This is one of the leaks i'm struggling on - knowing when to slow down and when not to fear "monsters under-the-bed", so...I'm probably wrong. (guide me, experts!)

I'm three-betting the flop. If he caps, being that he has been "straightforward" with betting, then you know he has a good chance of holding a K. I'd stay in the turn, see if the turn improved my hand and if not, check and fold.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*please critique at will*

This is one of the leaks i'm struggling on - knowing when to slow down and when not to fear "monsters under-the-bed", so...I'm probably wrong. (guide me, experts!)

I'm three-betting the flop. If he caps, being that he has been "straightforward" with betting, then you know he has a good chance of holding a K. I'd stay in the turn, see if the turn improved my hand and if not, check and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that is major spewage entirely. TT is the only preflop capping hand you're beating- why on earth would you 3-bet?

MUBS is only applicable when you think there is monsters but based on play, there is no reason to assume that. however, you still use common sense and common sense says "TT is the only preflop capping hand i'm beating, if i 3-bet, i'm either getting capped by a better hand or called by a better hand that thinks you may have the King, but won't fold."

IMO, i still don't think we should even bet this flop especially if we take the "call/call/call" line.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:47 PM

I agree we're most likely behind any reasonable PF capping hands here. As played, I c/fold the turn UI. I don't need to 3bet the flop and call a cap to re-enforce the idea I'm behind.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:58 PM

I agree completely. I don't like that flop bet at all. We're not ahead of enough hands to bet for value, but the pot is large. I'm inclined to check/call the flop and turn, and to either check/call, bet/fold, or check/fold the river depending on what sort of player we're up against. If he'll bet more hands than he calls with (something like a UI AQs), check/calling is good. If he will wimp out and check behind with TT, but will call a bet with it, "just to see," bet/folding is good. I don't think this is the sort of player who will fold QQ to a bet here, so we won't gain much in the way of bluff equity. If he'll raise TT, betting is bad. If he'll wimp out with all but the very best hands (AA, AK, KK), check/folding is in order.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:22 PM

c/c the flop, you're getting odds to catch a J. the turn is a c/f, especially with mp3 in the mix.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c/c the flop, you're getting odds to catch a J. the turn is a c/f, especially with mp3 in the mix.

[/ QUOTE ]

could someone explain this thought to me too? this is the second time i've heard concern over him- why? no reads were posted, so what are you all basing your concern on? if anything i would think his presence actually increases a thought to stay in the hand.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:32 PM

I agree with you, absolute_luck, that Hero is likely ahead of MP3, however he could be trying to slowplay his Kx, likely something he got trapped into playing preflop KT or KJ. If he doesn't raise the turn, he just seems to be padding the pot for drawing to your J on the river.

That being said, I c/c the flop, and fold the turn UI. I definitely don't go to war, and I definitely don't 3-bet the flop (especially because I don't bet the flop to begin with).